Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k this might be a dumb question... lol. do u have to remove bumper to install fogs? or just bend out the board in between tires n bumper? also how hard is the wiring?

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
there are two 10mm bolts on the inside of each fog. you can see them in the little vent next to each fog. i only had to pull back the drivers side fender liner. the pass. side wiring was long enough that i didnt have to pull that liner to get mine out. as far as wiring, do you mean wiring HIDs?

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
dont know about HIDs. never wired them up but from what i hear, its not too bad as far as wiring.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright sounds good. how much that cost? i gonna be get a cwest front bumper and i heard some guy did a mounting kit on it cuz usually that kit gets rid of ur fogs. :/

·
Registered
201 Posts
If you want to mount the ballist on the crash bar, then yea it will be much easier to install the hid's by removing the front bumper (so you can access the crash bar. If not just remove the plastic on the inside of the wheel wells and it is 2 10mm bolts. **Removing the bumper is very easy, it only takes about 10 minutes max** My advice is to get a buddy to help you remove the bumper and install your hid fogs. Also you might want to wetsand/polish them while you have them off. Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts