Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it cost me a hundred bucks but i had the relays switched over and the fogs turn on with the parking lights. I really couldn't tell ya how to do it but if you live in the nyc or Long Island area I could tell you where to go. It looks phat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
it's cool cause the car didn't come that way...

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
94 Supra TT/6-speed/HardTop/black
90 Integra

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Ditto. All 'bout profilin'.

Originally posted by Zoku:
With all due respect, what's so great about being able to do this?

Scott.

·
Registered
241 Posts
looks like crap on a rice rocket, but looks supa sweet on a $35K lex...although I'm too chicken to follow TEG's instructions(thanks for posting anyways), I'm not exactly an electrical engineer...I'd probably short out my whole electrical or something like that and void the warranty too. Wonder if the dealer would do it?

------------------
PEARL/BLK

·
Registered
446 Posts
LexisNY im from around ya way, where did you go to get that done? I'd rather them be on with the DRL's. hmmmmm nah maybe parking lights are better.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
All about profilin'? Hmmmmm... I must have missed that section of the owner's manual. *flips thru index* Ahhhhhh! here it is!! Under "P" for "profilin'" I wonder how I missed that?!?!

Scott.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
The way I changed the wiring, the foglight switch turns them on or off whenever you want... So you can have foglights by themselves, with parking lights, with regular lights, whatever...

I don't know anything about "profiling", but I do know I want foglights without white "headlights" when I get stuck in the fog.

·
Registered
446 Posts
LexisNY is your setup like TEG's? Thats what im looking for. TEG if you leave ya fogs on by mistake will the botton on the key turn them off like the headlights?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
With all due respect to Teg, I didn't follow his diagram, I didn't even look at it. When i turn on the parking lights (inside the headlights) the fogs are on. Also when the headlights are on the fogs are on. When the remote start gets put in next week, when that is activated the fogs and parking lights will blink continueosly. By the way anyone who has read any of my replies in the past KNOWS I CANNOT SPELL.....

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also Sweetzzzzzz, What color is your car anyway..... The place I got it done was in Lynbrook called Precsion. He is a friend of a friend. He does all of puff daddys trucks and some other rappers cars i dunno, he is good though. Basically he did what Teg did, so that diagram worked TEG!!!!!

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Did they wire yours so that the foglights ALWAYS come on when your parking lights are on, or only if the foglight switch is also turned on?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes you can still use the fog light switch. When you shut the parking lights and the headlights off the fogs will not come on at all. same as before only allowing you to turn on just the parking lights with the fogs

1 - 14 of 14 Posts