Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The left head light on my IS is getting fogged up, is there a simple way to fix this I know its a sealent issue, but I have the HID lights and I just got the car back from the dealer and I kind of want to drive it, and not have to take it back there. Thanks! :)

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
ISpimpin said:
The left head light on my IS is getting fogged up, is there a simple way to fix this I know its a sealent issue, but I have the HID lights and I just got the car back from the dealer and I kind of want to drive it, and not have to take it back there. Thanks! :)
Dealer issue

Unless you don't have warrenty, just get new headlamps

been discussed a ton

·
Registered
453 Posts
i having the same problem but i think mine is a little more exteme. its both my headlights and both my fogs...lol.

so i'm getting them opened and painted flat black this week. thats my way of gettin around it. figure that'll solve the problem.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
under warranty.
get new ones. hope they let you keep the old ones and then work em over and sell them.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well... thought you would say that, back to the dealer I go :)

Any idea as to how much they will cost? I bought it used uncertified they probably wont cover the cost.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
ISpimpin said:

Any idea as to how much they will cost? I bought it used uncertified they probably wont cover the cost.

Thanks for the help!

no idea man

May be cheaper to get some off here that people have painted already unless you can get them to replace them

·
Registered
289 Posts
find out where the leak is coming from then seal it with some silicone.

·
Registered
323 Posts
^youll probably want to clean em up a bit first....

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
ISpimpin said:

Thanks for the help!

If it's gonna be out of your pocket, don't get new ones.
bake and reseal.

If your car is warranty, it doesn't matter if it's used. They'll cover it.
They'll prob cover it anyway hopefully.

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
most likely they will cover it if it's not too far past the warranty mileage (4 yr/50k or 6 yr 75k? is that the extended?). but the dealer is generally pretty flexible in terms of headlight housings since it was a known issue in the earlier models.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its barly got 51k and its an 01'

I will go ahead and call them and see what the deal is, thanks!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
How is your other light looking? Dont want two completely different looking lights.

·
Registered
453 Posts
SilentAttack said:
How is your other light looking? Dont want two completely different looking lights.

hehehe that was like the last thing that came to my mind. i would've gotten it changed look at my car and be like " OH CRAP!!!!"

but thats true if they do change it hopefully you can some how get them to change both.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The other one looks fine. Do they change color as they get older?

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
My bro got in a wreck with his pontiac grand prix and they replaced only one of the lights and it looked soooo goofy cause the other one was faded and one was brand new so if they onlt replace one then look around for anonther new/like new one. I see them selling just one all the time on ebay.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
lextasy623 said:
My bro got in a wreck with his pontiac grand prix and they replaced only one of the lights and it looked soooo goofy cause the other one was faded and one was brand new so if they onlt replace one then look around for anonther new/like new one. I see them selling just one all the time on ebay.
LOL same exact thing happened to my neighbor's Volvo S80 (now on its 4th accident and deemed totaled) :)

I got both of my headlights replaced under warranty for that exact same thing. If you have a "nice" dealer they'll either help you out with the cost, or do it at no cost.

·
Registered
213 Posts
For External Issues / Oxidized Lenses -->

Thats all well and good but i'm not tryin to win a best of show. I had my finger on the trigger and almost bought new lamps but decided to buy a little buffer and a can of Mothers (Mag / Aluminum Polish) . . that might sound crazy but they used it in the commercial on some oxidized lamps and it worked.!

All I had to do was apply a coat to the lamps just like a wax job then a little on the buffer & spend about a min. ½ on each lamp. After that you just wipe it off with a good tery-cloth and presto’ . . . oh yeah, make sure you wash your lamps first though. Those bugs are brutal !

Having the lamp sanded down and clearcoated is an option.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts