Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Are you talking about the fog mod that makes your fogs run with the drls? Because I know for one thing, that is illegal to have your fogs on with your high beams on, thats why they switch off when you activate your high beams.

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no i want the Illegal kind o Mod.... :eek:

legally, it has to do with the number of "light bulbs" that are allowed to be " on" at any given time... i think it is 6..whatever.. .i do not want to run all day like that... but i would like to take advantage of my nice new HID fogs & also my high beams for those dark ass canyons i run nightly...

the Std Hid's & the HID Fogs are SWEET it 's just that the cutoff is a bit lower than I would like for fast running....

·
Registered
52 Posts
I dont think searching is the answer. He wants the different Fog Mod, not the common one that is posted like 100 times on here. By looking quickly at a the schmatics of the combination switch, it maybe possible to take the white/red wire and jump that to the black/white wire which would by-pass the rest of the combination switch and just have the fog switch as a stand alone switch. It looks like it will work, want to be the guinne pig? I will send you diagram if interested.

·
Registered
52 Posts
#10 is also #17 because it loops through and its a red with a white stripe, and the ground for it is #16 which is a black with a white stripe. Like I said, you should be able to just cut the wire at the #17 spot, not the nuber #10 spot, and tap it onto #16.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts