Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to hook up the fog lights so you can turn it on when just your parking lights are on? Thanks

------------------
99 Yamaha Blue R6
98 Black GS4

·
Registered
219 Posts
i've always wanted to do that.
and my friend is working on that...
i'll let you know when it's done.

------------------
xxsiLveR_iS300xx

·
Registered
219 Posts
Originally posted by Agent Smith:
FYI - you can get pulled over for that....you are giving Da' Man probable cause.
not really. i think BMW 3series has that.
i think i saw a Bimmer with parking light and fog light.

------------------
xxsiLveR_iS300xx

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
are you serious agent smith????? man that sucks...oh well, time to break the law

------------------
1997 5-speed Alpine White M3 Coupe

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
oh...i dunno, i'd probably never drive wtih just my parking lights on, i'm used to having the headlights on too i guess...

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
of course =) i'm an 80 year old grandma pretending to have an m3 at the age of 17 because i'm jealous of all the young owners here.... he he

i've been wanting to take pics of the car asap but haev not had the time nor the oppurtunity at a good place. if i had a digital camera i'd go out and get a few shots real quick to prove it to you but alas, i dont' havea digital camera and i have to do it the old way =) if you want the last few numbers of the VIN are EY76593

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
speaking of tercels..
i visited this tercel board once(thetercel network or something) and there were all these guys talking about racing and stuff. anyhow as it so happened one guy went off to say that he whomped a 97 maxima in his 92 tercel...now if you ask me that is absolute BS. i called him on it and he gave me his lsit of mods and a timeslip. he had i/h/e with a 50shot of NOS. he was running MID-15s. he basically said, "i blew by the maxima at full throttle and he dindt' give chase, therefore, i won"......then he proceeded to tell me to stop making fun of his baby m3. then the rest of the board started getting pissed off at me for telling them what their car is. they started acting like the tercel was alimited production car like the supra and all this crap. i know i instigated the problem but OMG IT WAS SO FUNNY

p.s. this was about 9 months ago

[This message has been edited by mrclam (edited October 19, 2000).]

·
11,062 Posts
Make sure it's not illegal in your state before you do it! (Reminds me of a story my Grandmother tells of when my Dad returned from a four-year hitch in England and got pulled over in Portland, Oregon for running the fog lights. (It's legal there.) He still had English plates on his English (Hillman) car, so he put on an accent and patiently took instruction from the officer. (Hey, no ticket!)

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
What "burns me up" is these pickups (Ford I think) that have the trailer hitch mount point on the bumper right in front of the license plate. If you put on a trailer hitch it blocks out some letters/numbers on the license plate. That must be illegal in many states, isn't it? Man - a pickup truck where the factory says you have to break the law if you want to attach a trailer hitch.

Anwyays - I am sure my foglight "switch" is not illegal, but using it might be. *BUT* I do drive to Oregon once and a while, and in fact that is where I have run into the worst fog I have seen.

If I get stuck in the CA central valley in some "Tule Fog" or something, I would rather see a little better even if I am breaking some ordinance.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
8 Participants
TEG
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing