Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I was coming to a stop at a stop light, 5 mph max, when I manage to hit a pothole that I didn't see. Turns out, my rim and tire are turned top-inward at an angle of about 10 degrees, the inside of my fender is all bent in and cracked, and I'm guessing there's suspension damage as well. All this, right by a damn construction site, so luckily, it should be their fault. I took pictures of the pothole and the construction area and talked to some city employees about it, but that's all. A cop recommended suing the construction company, which if they won't pay for it, I'll probably do. Anyone have any legal advice on this?

:pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
The same thing happened to my friend last year. He just reported it to his insurance company and they ended up taking care of him. They went after the construction company to no avail...the bastards! :pissed: So he ended up paying a deductible and using the money they gave him for some different rims. If you plan on going after the company...plan on a long drawn out fight.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Construction companies like to think its not there fault for pot holes, but as long as you have enough evidence to prove them it is, then they will run like a scared little turtle :lol: Good Luck Dood :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts