Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Those rims are pretty smooth. How is it ricing out his Lexus if he slaps on a nice set of aftermarket rims? I don't quite comprehend that.

Originally posted by IS300Sleeper:
Yeah you are crazy. Don't rice out your car man. remember that it is a LEXUS, not a civic.
JMO though.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Funny, I just saw those very wheels on a MR2-Spyder today. Personally, I don't like them. I would think that the holes make them a b!tch to clean brake dust from, and italicizing them takes away from the tuner "drillium" look.

------------------
051/LP/SR/LD/HH

·
Registered
78 Posts
DUde don't listen to anybody else it you like them then its all good.
i like those rims though they look hella tight, i saw them on a '00 Maxima and they look tight! I don't see how he'd be "ricing"up his IS with the rims i mean they are 5 spokes and silver just like the stock ones...right?

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool...thanks for the feedback guys...
I liked those rims because they did look like the stocks, except with a little more flare to them.

I have a question...
If the rim width is 7", what is the widest tire I could put on it? Or better yet, what is a nice tire size if I got a 18x7 set of those...
I would be looking for tires with the same profile or lower than the stocks...

Thx

·
Registered
120 Posts
Eye_S, If you stick to the standard 7" wide wheel. you are limited to the standard size tire ( in 17") Similar if 18" is used.If you go to a 7.5" width then you can use one size up,ie. 225/45/17. If you go to 18x8" then you can use a 225/40/18 tire. Lastly, if you go to an 8.5"width you can use a 235/40/18 or better yet a 245/35/18 tire all around without hitting anything with the proper offset ( 44 or 45 offset)

Best, Steve-white IS

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
I like them, assuming you can get that little cap in the center colored-matched to your car.

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue
'94 Turbo Miata

·
Registered
48 Posts
It reminds me of the F550 rims (except of the holes in the spokes). Personally, they would not be my first choice. But whatever tickles your fancy.

------------------

Peabers
'01 IS300 Graphite Grey Pearl/Black Cloth LSD

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I found a place where I could get 4 18x7" for around $600. Thats why I am interested myself. They look like stocks, but have a little extra edge to them. And as for them not fitting the "drillium" style...I disagree....the ovals in the spokes can easily be seen as the drillium style "in motion".

·
Registered
511 Posts
Those Rims look to similar to stock in my opinion. I went with Nippon Racing EVO's for my winter tires.

I miss playing focaljack and stripping the gals

·
Registered
146 Posts
I put my old F5's from my Prelude on my IS and it looks good, BUT I had a huge wheel gap so I took them off after a day (Nitto 215/45/17). So of course im going to see a wheel gap
I was thinking about putting my stock tires on the F5's and seeing what they look like but I dont have the time. lol I will put the rims up to my car (over stock rims) and take a picture when I find my camera

I3aRc0dE

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok, cool...get the pics as soon as you can...

are yours 17" or 18" ?

also, does anyone know where you can buy Volk rims? Specifically the Versus Spada Turismo ? And any idea how much they might cost for 18" ?

thx
chad

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Yeah, those Focal F5's are pretty sweet... I'm pretty content right now with the stock 17's. But who knows? I may end up adding aftermarket rims later on...

Good luck and post some pics when you get 'em...

Scott.

·
Registered
26 Posts
hey EYE_S , man don't care what people say.... da H3ll with them.... if you like it just get it...... i think i look really tight on the yellow IS300...... plus it's your car.... do what u want......

that's my opinion

p.s i'm getting 5ZIGEN ( white S08 ) for my white IS300 ehheehhehe can't wait till they come in

1 - 18 of 18 Posts