Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would be the perfect size intercooler for 500-600 hp range??

What is the biggest size we can fit for our cars??

Any input would help alot.

Thanks guys

jowe -

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeap, I'm looking around for a decent kit.
I am going to post it up on the for sale thread soon so PM me if your really serious about it.

It's not like any other Stage II POWERDYNE BD-11A Charger, fully race built internals w. ball bearing and ceramic with less than 800 miles on it.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
What would be the perfect size intercooler for 500-600 hp range??

What is the biggest size we can fit for our cars??

Any input would help alot.

Thanks guys

Lets get back on topic here ;)

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Heres some Mishimoto Intercoolers that seem to be priced a little bit nicer than the Boost Logic one. CLICK ME Pleeeeeassse

I believe they're a newer company, but I've seen ads in just about every tuner magazine for them for the last few months. They seem legit to me and answer questions quickly.

Any other options?

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
Heres some Mishimoto Intercoolers that seem to be priced a little bit nicer than the Boost Logic one. CLICK ME Pleeeeeassse

I believe they're a newer company, but I've seen ads in just about every tuner magazine for them for the last few months. They seem legit to me and answer questions quickly.

Any other options?
Answering quickly and performing up to par with the competitors products are 2 different things. Not sure how proven their intercoolers are. Personally for an extra $100 I would rather step up and get something that's proven to work.

Precision Turbo & Engine - Turbocharger, Intercooler, Fuel Injector, Performance Parts & more!

Get yourself a PTE 600 HP intercooler and don't look back.

·
Loped out SUV
1,864 Posts
I had a 32x12x3 intercooler, Width and height that is about as far as you want to go. You can always go 4" thick, but you are gonna have a hard time fitting it behind the bumper.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts

Any other options?
just because they are in a Tuner mag, does not mean that they are that great. Go where people prove the worth; the dyno and the drag strip.

PTE makes great stuff. Their cores have been known to hold up.

I am currently running a Greddy 3-row core. I needed to trim a lot of the stock bumper to get it to fit. When I put the CWest on, it still needed to be trimmed.

I am upgrading to a Boost Logic T6 FMIC which might be a bit much for a normal setup.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Wow...planning to drive without your bumper on?

http://i14.tinypic.com/4ujw5s2.jpg[/img

Big difference in size comparing the BL T6 vs a Greddy 4 row.[/QUOTE]
There will be lots of trimming, test fitting, more trimming, and even more test fitting.

It will be a sad day when I have to cut up the Vertex kit I am getting.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
haha my WISE SPORT front bumper has already been cut bc of the ridiculous fmic piping size made by LMS -_-'' lol

sigh...poor bumper :(

Thanks so far for all your guys' input !!

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Thanks for the info guys. I wasn't try to say that just cause it was in a mag it was good. Just showing you something new.

itz_jOw3 that is the sickest looking IS300 i've ever seen in my opinion. Is that a oem color? I love it. I can even over look the graphics on the side cause its so sick!! +rep

·
Loped out SUV
1,864 Posts
There will be lots of trimming, test fitting, more trimming, and even more test fitting.

It will be a sad day when I have to cut up the Vertex kit I am getting.
Good luck fitting the 3 row with 3" intercooler piping behind the vertex kit. I ended up having to sell my vertex kit cause I would have had to cut thru both of the dividers between the 3 areas completely. Forget about it with the T6, just wasting your money on the bumper.

·
Loped out SUV
1,864 Posts
haha my WISE SPORT front bumper has already been cut bc of the ridiculous fmic piping size made by LMS -_-'' lol

sigh...poor bumper :(

Thanks so far for all your guys' input !!
Still looking sick Joey.

Reactions: Nicademus323
1 - 20 of 42 Posts