Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have whored pics of my car on here. and its time to add some new stuff for my new setup. wondering if you guys/girls think i should have the FMIC/intercooler piping powdercoated black, or keep it polished. also, do you think i should keep the mesh on the lower portion of my bumper, or remove it? for those that don't know, i have a 2003 MSM with CF TRD mesh grille, CF Seibon hood, and Lsportline front bumper. also keep in mind i also have a polished Koyo radiator in there as well.

http://teamelusive.com/gallery/v/Meets/isbbq2/IMG_9808.jpg.html

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
mikefate said:
i have whored pics of my car on here. and its time to add some new stuff for my new setup. wondering if you guys/girls think i should have the FMIC/intercooler piping powdercoated black, or keep it polished. also, do you think i should keep the mesh on the lower portion of my bumper, or remove it? for those that don't know, i have a 2003 MSM with CF TRD mesh grille, CF Seibon hood, and Lsportline front bumper. also keep in mind i also have a polished Koyo radiator in there as well.

polish them up :cool:

And remove the mesh (better air flow possibly)

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
hmmm...imo i would powdercoat everything glossy black, not flat black, and take off the mesh so it would be easier to see the glossyness of the fmic and pipings. i think the glossy black would blend well with the car, unless you really want your intercooler to stand out.
i just like the sleeper look more

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Keep her polished, will match your setup better with your radiator and looks sexy with msm, and i say keep the mesh, it will protect that fmic from debris and stuff like that :cool:

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
polish it with mesh.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I think it would look good if you removed the mesh and polished the I/C piping. Also sorry for the jack but have you ever had any problems with your c/f hood with no hood pins?

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SilentAttack said:
I think it would look good if you removed the mesh and polished the I/C piping. Also sorry for the jack but have you ever had any problems with your c/f hood with no hood pins?
i never personally had a problem. but i 110% would not promote anyone NOT using them. i have them, and they will be on by the spring when i feel energetic and instlal them.

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Romyo247 said:
ur not going turbo who are you trying to kid...;)

who said i'm going turbo? i just want a FMIC so i look cool.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Polished........And love the car. :jawDrop:

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
All black of course.

Reactions: mikefate
1 - 20 of 27 Posts