Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like most of the owners, my CD player is giving me the jammed problem. I bought it used so I have no idea if there is a CD jammed in there. I'll probably check that this weekend, but as for the ipod solution whats the benefit of plugging it into the stereo? I always used an FM transmitter and it worked fine.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
vaistech.com

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if the FM transmitter works fine for you, whats the question?
Sorry, let me clarify. I was wondering if there is a noticeable difference in sound quality through wiring your ipod into the dash compared to the FM transmitter.

·
13,727 Posts
FM transmitters are terrible. Go with the Grom I pod adapter. Its like $59-69 bucks. Thats what you would pay for a FM transmitter, and you can control it from the stock stereo, something the transmitter wont do.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Sorry, let me clarify. I was wondering if there is a noticeable difference in sound quality through wiring your ipod into the dash compared to the FM transmitter.
It really depends on how picky you are. But personally, and probably what most people on this forum will tell you, is that FM transmitters suck in terms of sound quality, especially considering our stock stereo isn't considered horrible.

Now if you used an FM transmitter with a cheapo $30 headunit, you probably wouldn't hear much of a difference between that an a hard wired input on the same cheapo headunit (if it has a wired input option at all!).

·
Registered
387 Posts
GET THE GROM! i went the FM route and it sucks

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I have the vaistech SLU. It's more expensive, but flawless and hassle free.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts