Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting static on every single FM station I tune to. It is very annoying. Had dealer checked the connection, and they said its ok.
Anyone else is experiencing this? I'm in N. Ca.
Thanks.

·
2,909 Posts
Hi there sorry to read of you problem, but I have no problems like that or any other that has been posted here in the past. I get stations I have never heard before, I wish I had a clue to help you out but I don't. I am quite sure someone here can help.

------------------
'01 Graphite Gray Pearl
"gray" not "grey"

[This message has been edited by jiggafett (edited December 20, 2000).]

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I have found the FM reception to be a litty iffy on distant stations.

I have heard that they redesigned the antenna after a few months... How long have you had your IS300?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have to agree with Teg's statement that the FM reception is iffy on distant stations. I really don't understand why it is this way since we have two antenna's and some sort of diversity stuff going on.

Really the reception isn't as good as my Honda Accord which only has the In glass antenna without the fuba one we have.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mine was built in October.

Originally posted by TEG:
I have found the FM reception to be a litty iffy on distant stations.

I have heard that they redesigned the antenna after a few months... How long have you had your IS300?

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I will try to get pictures of the antennas (new and old) to see if we can determine which one you have. Maybe the new antennas are better.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hey. I'm from Dallas-Ft. Worth, and I get the same damn annoying static on EVERY station! I tried that automatic tune button, that searches for the best reception, and it found one station in the whole range that was actually receiving without any static... weird, isn't it?

Oh well, no problems with the CD player thought!

·
11,062 Posts
No trouble here. My favourite FM stations come in loud and clear. (The transmitters are all on local mountains) However, FM does not have the range that AM has...and that could be the trouble in rural areas.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I have issue with the FM reception because I drove my wife's car to the dealerhship to pick up my IS300... We were listening to a certain station in her car...

When I got in my new IS300, the same station was muddied with static. Her car doesn't have diversity tuning, but the big metal mast antenna seems to work better than our rubber antenna + printed rear window antenna.

I was at a dealership today and they said that the antenna redesign was to help with wind noise rather than radio reception. (hmm).

Anyways - I took pictures of both antennas and I will post them soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
TEG
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing