Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 213 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Summer is ending soon. With all this good weather, let's get a BBQ in:)

Our NE IS300s are getting recognition, and Jimbo from EVO-NY and the SQC peeps would like us to join the end of summer BBQ at CHANGED BACK TO: Flushing Meadow Park.

PART I

Noon Sunday 9/18 @ Flushing Meadow Park, NY (L.I.E./Van Wyck/Grand Central)

Huge parking lot w/tons of space by the water. Van Wyck Side. Coming from NYC heading East on LIE, it would be on your right side.

If BDR would like to set this up along with few of the other NE guys, I would be more than happy to help out on anything else that we might need. It's near the Triboro and Mid-Town Tunnel, etc...... Hope to see you guys there.

Charles

EDIT:

This would be a Part II of the meet, and then what would be the look on corporate Lexus people when all these modded Lexus show up at the Lexus Taste of Luxury at around 4pm at Belmont. It's only like 5 minutes from the BBQ location. Some of you guys who already signed up for this event can go to their website and change the date/time. This would make a perfect end of the day with a full schedule of fun activities with food, cars, and friends.

What do you guys think?

ROLL CALL:

1) ME (Thinking of inviting some Supra peeps)
2) Mikefate
3) lexluger180-maybe
4) L Tone
5) Myis300t
6) '03intensabluebeast
7) boosted 4door-will try-you better be there Peter!!!! :)
8) Elusive IS-We need our resident photographer/cook. But no cooking this time.
9) stage 2
10) Sentinel
11) Dan (is300m)
12) jtwenty
13) aznpimp4u
14)BidDaddyRich - Hey Rich can you start a thread for a list of things to bring...?
15)luciouslex04
16)bran1093
17)Monkeypee
18)nyARISTOv300-Tony-and some CL peeps
19)Altezza101
20)naphibuzz-maybe
21)illestaznskillz
22)wenger828 + Tsoprano
23)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
771 Posts
I've never been to an IS meet.. so im down to go.. maybe i'll see some of you guys down at HIN too if you're going to that
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
12,375 Posts
L Tone said:
I've never been to an IS meet.. so im down to go.. maybe i'll see some of you guys down at HIN too if you're going to that

several of us will be at HIN...only a couple actualyl showing though
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
771 Posts
thats cool thats cool... look forward to meeting some of youg uys.. i've been hooked on .net for a while and you guys all seem pretty funny and cool
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,237 Posts
Def sounds like a great idea.. Im in..
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
12,375 Posts
L Tone said:
thats cool thats cool... look forward to meeting some of youg uys.. i've been hooked on .net for a while and you guys all seem pretty funny and cool

welcome to the NE fam
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll like to get an input from you guys whether you guys want to bring BBQ materials, or just chip in few bucks ($5/person) to the EVO-NY & SQC guys. They all have BBQ equipments and materials and always (I mean always) have good food (ribs, chicken, steak) left over from previous BBQs. So I think they can accomodate us. Let me know if you guys want to do this. I think it'll be nice just chillin with a ice cold beer in one hand kicking back and checking out all the nice rides with bunch of cool peeps....

Charles
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
isman said:
I'll like to get an input from you guys whether you guys want to bring BBQ materials, or just chip in few bucks ($5/person) to the EVO-NY & SQC guys. They all have BBQ equipments and materials and always (I mean always) have good food (ribs, chicken, steak) left over from previous BBQs. So I think they can accomodate us. Let me know if you guys want to do this. I think it'll be nice just chillin with a ice cold beer in one hand kicking back and checking out all the nice rides with bunch of cool peeps....

Charles
When I mean food leftover from previous BBQs, I mean at the end of each BBQ, there is always food left over. Not leftover food from BBQs 2 months ago. :)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
12,375 Posts
last time rich had everyone paypal him 5 bucks per person, i think that went well...he had enough supplies, and i think we all had a good time.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mikefate said:
last time rich had everyone paypal him 5 bucks per person, i think that went well...he had enough supplies, and i think we all had a good time.

Yeah, that sounds great, but I just didn't want to presume Rich would go thru what he went thru to setting up like he did for the last Alley Pond Park BBQ. But either way sounds great. I will buy charcoal, meat, drinks, to help out if need be.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
12,375 Posts
ill bring some heiny's, mikes hard whatever, and some smirnoff beverages
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey peeps, I've added a Part II to the day for more fun with food, cars, and friends, and drive the new IS350.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,291 Posts
Sounds like a good time i'll try and make it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
mikefate said:
what's this i hear?
Lexus Taste of Luxury (Part II of the day)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,291 Posts
mikefate said:
what's this i hear?
@ Taste Of Lexus

If they have the IS350 available im sure they'll let you take it for a test spin.
 
1 - 20 of 213 Posts
Top