Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

· Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I jsut posted a LOOONG ass thread about suspension suggestions asking for help with topics that may belong in here...

anyway, I posted about a good coilover set-up like ground control + shock vs. a true coilover for my scenario.

I also asked about offsets and stuff because i dont know too much about this.

Basically my car came with the "hyper-silver" 5 spokes rims, so they look nice already and with my money going into the suspension next i wount have too much right away for rims.

I would like to have my rims sit flush as possible though until i get a staggeed set-up down the road.

how and waht parts do you guys reccomend to do this ?

Like i stated im my post in the "stop,drop and roll" section i want to go low, but also sit flush.

I dont want to get real crazy with fender rolling, but if i have to to get the look and function i want, then i gotta do waht i gotta do.

any help and suggestions to help me have a better understanding of this stuff would be great...

thanks in advance...pics would also be appreciated as well

-b

· Registered
438 Posts
Your best bet to get the flush look is to get bigger spacers. The ones with studs mounted on the spacers.

You would need around 15-20 mm spacers for the front and a 20-25 mm spacers for the rear, with the rear fenders rolled.

Someone who widened their rear wheels 2 inches used 25 mm spacers on the rear for the flush look. Just do a search.

· Registered
1,230 Posts
Your best bet to get the flush look is to get bigger spacers. The ones with studs mounted on the spacers.

You would need around 15-20 mm spacers for the front and a 20-25 mm spacers for the rear, with the rear fenders rolled.

Someone who widened their rear wheels 2 inches used 25 mm spacers on the rear for the flush look. Just do a search.
is that me you're talking about? cause mine does not sit flush... i def need to massage my rear fenders. I have only test fit them, never drove around w/ them yet. tires are 285/40-17

Reactions: twestman

· Registered
328 Posts
I took some measurements on my car last night and I'd need a 5mm spacer up front and a 10 or 15mm spacer in the rear to bring the tires out even with the fender.

· Registered
4,542 Posts
Your car is super clean + rep. I need to clean my car...it's been months...sigh

I have to spread the love around first.

· Registered
438 Posts
is that me you're talking about? cause mine does not sit flush... i def need to massage my rear fenders. I have only test fit them, never drove around w/ them yet. tires are 285/40-17
Nope, sorry. I was talking about redline814. His sat 'flush' with 255 rear tires. You probably just need to go with narrower rubber.

http://my.is/forums/f95/stock-wheel...25-07-completed-installed-pics-posted-217406/

i had 25mm in the front and 35mm in the back i took off my front cuz it rubs to much
If 25 mm rubs on the front, maybe go with 20 mm. See post #3.

· Registered
1,975 Posts
Slammed.. 15mm Front and 25mm Rear.. Thats what you need.

· Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks ALOT for all your responses... and pics ! you guys are really helping me out here.

as i stated im good with engins stuff...but suspension/wheel stuff, i need some learning to do.

for example...i have 225/45/17 Toyo T1-R's..i dont like em much...but i had no idea a 285 would fit on our rim??? but i dont know much about this, aT ALL.

I think someone wasked me what rims i planned on getting...well as of now, i'm thinkin the 5Zigen FNOR1-C's and most likely a staggered set-up...but i would like to keep the stock wheel size of 17"s, I have always kept stock size on my cars. when i had my 99' civic si, i had so many dif JDM 15" wheels, while evryone in my city were throwin 17" and 18" Tenzo Shu 4's on every integra and civic around.

I think i would go with 17x8ish for the front and 17x9ish in the rear..what do you guys htink of that. I guess i dont need alot of input on that as that will not be happening for AWHILE.

so back on track...other than looks are there any performance gains as for handling and such as your are widening the wheel base, even if only by "mm's" there is still gain in width there... also is it any harder to adjust camber in this case? I plan on going LOW, with lil to no gap.

Also what tire size do you guys reccomend for this set-up (stock rim), as one of the replies has a guy with 285's...

thanks for your help and being patient, i realize to many of you these are pretty dumb questions...but i want to learn as much as i can abotu every aspect and part i buy for this car...

i like the pics and is helping me make me decision, so once again your help here is appreciated...

· Registered
3,471 Posts
Also what tire size do you guys reccomend for this set-up (stock rim), as one of the replies has a guy with 285's...
The guy running the 285s widened his rims, there's no way they'd fit otherwise. The stock wheels can fit 225s just fine, some people have run 235s but that's pushing it a bit in my opinion.

· Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok..will i have 225, as of now...

I was thinking if maybe going with 215's..im thinking they might look better...looks wise...do you think with the tire being a lil less wide it will equa a rougher ride ?

I would like a straighter more stiff sidewall...i know this depends on the tire too...so im thinking of going with either of these two..what do you guys think of these two tires and how they compare to eachother...

· Registered
1,230 Posts
the wider the tire, the better the grip

i would go at least 225, maybe 225 front and 235 rear or even 235 all around? but keeping tire sizes the same really helps w/ rotating tires and getting the most life out of them

· Premium Member
9,880 Posts
i had 25mm in the front and 35mm in the back i took off my front cuz it rubs to much
Did you have to pull the rear fenders?

Is this safe for DD

· Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i wouldn't really want to pull my fenders...rolling them wouldn't be bad though...i would have it done professionally though. or at least by a person who has experience rolling fenders, and is obv good at it.

although, will i need to roll the fenders if i ran 15mm in the front and 25mm in the back, like suggested to me by my philly b with a 2.25" drop ?

The drop i have now with the L-Sportline combo suspension is 1.45" so it says, so i'm going to call it a 1.5" drop.

In measuring the amount of gap between the top of my tire (225/45/17) i have roughly about a 3/4" gap (maybe a lil bit less) in both the front and rear.

which means to get where i want the car to sit at I would need to drop 3/4" more, bringing me to the 2.25" drop i just mentioned.

how i'm going to get there, i'm still trying to figure out and have a thread in the "stop,drop, and roll" section. I am trying to figure out if a ground control set-up can get me there w/o sacraficingto much shock travel. Seeing as that is how ground controls adjust the height.

anyway, back on the topic...would 15mm in the front and 25mm in the rear still be the suggested size spacer for that drop ?

· Registered
1,975 Posts
Roll the rear fenders. Its not as hard as you think. You will rub using the stock tire size but nothing major..

15front 25rear you will be fine.

· Registered
1,230 Posts
Is this safe for DD
yes, hubcentric spacers have their own bolts, and then you bolt the rim to the spacer. its pretty much one of the safest spacers you can use

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.