Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since i already had a WS2 on order and a used flowmaster sitting in my garage i was just a little curious what this sounded like with a Xerd header and Y pipe... My buddy works at muffler shop and said he could take out the stock muffler and put the Flowmaster in place retaining all stock piping for $60
all i have to say is DAMN that thing loud... and deep... i can feel the seats vibrating as i accelerate and hear loose change rattle in the cup holders... anywhere from 35-70+ mph you hear drone... you cannot carry on a conversation in the car without yelling... cant wait to get that WS2 on hopefully it should be here Friday or Monday... i will post vids of both the WS2 and the flowmaster as soon as i charge my camera...

·
Registered
201 Posts
Yea flowmasters are loud... I had them on my mustang with long tubes and an O/R X-pipe and it was impossible to carry on conversation with anyone. Is the muffler you put on a 2 series or 3 series?

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its the super 40 lol i took it off my caddy after i got duals

·
Registered
161 Posts
I used to run dual Flowmaster Delta 40's with a 3" X-Pipe (crossover behind the headers) on my '68 Camaro, ran it back to turndowns that dumped down before the rear axle.

Delta 40's are supposed to be the "Quiet" series of the 40 series mufflers. If you like the throaty ******* truck noise, these are PERFECT mufflers for you. Anything else is just going to be louder.

However, I don't think they'll sound even decent on such a small displacement motor with limited valve overlap.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea these set off car alarms if hit the right RPM thank god i have WS2's on the way..

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

video... crap quality

·
Registered
381 Posts
You just need the right set up not just flow masters to set off car alarms. Trust me I set them off all the time. Look at what I have

1 - 12 of 12 Posts