Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How many of you guys were affected by the flooding in the GTA? I can't believe the water built up so fast. My parking lot at work was flooded and many people got water into their cars. One poor girl had to use buckets to try and haul the water out of her car. :( I couldn't even get home right away because along every route I tried to use to get home... there was a flooded intersection. At one in Vaughan... the water at one intersection was waist high! :jawDrop: All you could see were cars stranded all over the place.

Luckily though my IS300 made it through the day unscathed. And I must say... unlike Ferrari's F1 team... I am VERY happy with the performance of my Bridgestone Potenza's. The car felt very confident in the extremely heavy rain on Friday afternoon. When I had a chance on some smaller empty streets I actually pushed the car very hard to see what would happen... and the car still just confidently followed it's intended path. So I'm giving these Bridgestone Potenza's two thumbs up! :cool:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Luckily I was not affected. It actual helped me out because traffic was backed up on the 401 east of 427. I was coming from the Gardiner then west on 401 so it wasn’t bad at all (a little rain).

Sucks for anyone who had their car flood, because I don't think insurance will cover these situations ("Act of God").

Good tires and not driving like an ass will always help you out in the rain. Next spring I am going to invest in the Falken Azenis ST-115’s.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
It was sunny/cloudy/rainy all at once in Oakville/Burlington... But
I heard about north TO and Brampton to Guelph getting BAD storms.

Good to hear no-one's Lex got soaked! ;)

j

·
Bite my shiny metal ass
938 Posts
At my work in Woodbridge our building got flooded, there was so much friggen water coming in everywhere.

Out on the street there was so much water the man hole covers floated away and a Acura Integra drove right into one, sucks to be him, his suspension and rim got all destroyed. Amazingly like 5 guys lifted the car out of the man hole and they pushed off to the side.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Holy Cow!
A little rain in TO ... A little disaster. Those pics look like a monsoon just hit us.
The intersection (just east) of Dufferin and Steeles is closed off. Assume it's because of the flooding.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
zerokarma said:
At my work in Woodbridge our building got flooded, there was so much friggen water coming in everywhere.

Out on the street there was so much water the man hole covers floated away and a Acura Integra drove right into one, sucks to be him, his suspension and rim got all destroyed. Amazingly like 5 guys lifted the car out of the man hole and they pushed off to the side.
I tried taking a shortcut along Rivermede because traffic was just stopped along HWY 7 going westbound (flooded intersection). But as I drove up Rivermede I noticed that one intersection was flooded BAD there to. I saw one lady getting out of her car... and the water was upto her waist!

A portion of Finch Avenue in north york was not just flooded... but actually washed away! This is nuts! Atleast it is overwith now.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HappySMP... so that's the Finch Avenue "crater"? If so... that's even worst that I thought it was!

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
yup, that's it!

I had a buddy of mine forward me the pics...he lives in one of the buildings facing the street effected. He took progressive shots...

I heard something ridiculous like it's going to take 4 months and x million dollars to fix it.

yeah, TRAFFIC

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Someone just sent me these,

These picture were taken on Friday Aug 19/05 of the storm and tornadoes that went through Milverton, Dorking, Fergus and Orangeville.
That actual picture were taken near Orangeville.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts