Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i will be purchasing the flex coilovers by the end of the month and i am just curious...will the springs that come with the kit work ok?

the reason i ask is becuase i have read in some other threads about coilovers that the springs should be switched out with differnent springs. unless i read it wrong, can someone clear this up?

thanks

Tom

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
TomDlgns said:
i will be purchasing the flex coilovers by the end of the month and i am just curious...will the springs that come with the kit work ok?

the reason i ask is becuase i have read in some other threads about coilovers that the springs should be switched out with differnent springs. unless i read it wrong, can someone clear this up?

thanks

Tom
It's that some don't think the springs are stiff enough. So you can go from 10kg/mm front and 8 kg/mm rear to 12 and 10 without revalving. You get them from tein--100 for 2 springs.

So try the kit out and if u don't like them then u can get stiffer from tein. Hope that helps! I'm getting mine at the end of the week too!

·
Registered
23 Posts
TomDlgns said:

thanks

Tom
I've had Tein's on a number of cars so far and unless you're planning on living on a track (or having one installed between home and work) I can't see how the springs that come with the kit wouldn't be stiff enough. The set has been tuned by Tein to work with those springs and while I'm sure they offer another set that is well matched, I definitely don't think you should buy the stiffer springs with the expectation that you'll need them. Coilovers are an easy install, if you don't like the ride you can buy the replacement springs and swap them in in a few hours.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jaraldyne said:
I've had Tein's on a number of cars so far and unless you're planning on living on a track (or having one installed between home and work) I can't see how the springs that come with the kit wouldn't be stiff enough. The set has been tuned by Tein to work with those springs and while I'm sure they offer another set that is well matched, I definitely don't think you should buy the stiffer springs with the expectation that you'll need them. Coilovers are an easy install, if you don't like the ride you can buy the replacement springs and swap them in in a few hours.
i agree, ive installed coilovers many times before so i know it wont be that bad if i need to swap them out, however, i just needed that question answered about the oem springs that come with the flex coilovers. thank you for your opinions guys. i dont plan on buying stiffer springs.

thanks again for the info

Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts