Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i jst recieved flatlines red film for my taillights and i cant deside if i should leave it all red or cut out the bottom section exposing the turn signal an the reverse light. my car is a msm. let me know wat you guys think will look better

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

thats an example of the bottom portion exposed. maybe someone can photoshop the bottom portion covered up on an msm

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

i stole a picture of dash's car. thats the only msm pic i have that the tail lights r showing nice. i hope he dont mind lol

so ya photoshop please?

·
Banned
1,414 Posts

thats an example of the bottom portion exposed. maybe someone can photoshop the bottom portion covered up on an msm
Are these flatline's ones? They look much better than the lamin-x ones I saw.

And definitely keep the bottom clear.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Here ya go, messed with the lights and put on a new plate (sorry Dash). i thought i was going to like the all red but seeing them both im not to sure, they both look good.

·
Maxed out Rep Club Member
14,279 Posts
I kinda like them both... I think the clear on the bottom will be nicer to back up obviously.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
yah, all red just looks kinda eh. keep teh bottom clear and i think it will look amazing.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ya im gonna leave the bottom part exposed. any idea on wats the best way to trim the overlay? i was thinking of jst laying the whole thing over the taillight and then trimming it. how hard is it to remove the film once its applied?

·
Registered
579 Posts
i would say put it over your light, then with a pencil draw out the entire rear taillight. cut out the outside line with an exacto knife. then with a pencil draw a line for the clear bottom and then cut that off.

and dont be lazy and remove the taillight, itll look much better

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
basically three posts later im saying eww gross those are ugly. period.

eh thats cool. i like em. theres already a bunch of is300's around my area that have the taillights tinted or painted black on the inside, i wanna do something else.

to each his own i guess.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts