Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I leave my car parked on the street for at least 2 hours outside in the blistering cold, I notice that when i start the car up and drive off, my car seems to be hitting a bump on the road followed by another bump like every 3 feet. But actually it is flat spots on the tires because my street has been newly paved with asphalt which gaurantees smooth pavement. As i drive on the tires warm up and the flat spots are gone. Anyone else have this problem? This only happens when it is freezing cold outside.

------------------
'01 Graphite Gray Pearl

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yep, all the time, that is the problem with the low profile tires. You will get use to it. Hey post a picture of the car. I have never seen one that color.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Originally posted by Rberga1:
When I leave my car parked on the street for at least 2 hours outside in the blistering cold, I notice that when i start the car up and drive off, my car seems to be hitting a bump on the road followed by another bump like every 3 feet. But actually it is flat spots on the tires because my street has been newly paved with asphalt which gaurantees smooth pavement. As i drive on the tires warm up and the flat spots are gone. Anyone else have this problem? This only happens when it is freezing cold outside.

I havent noticed this problem yet, but then again i havent driven my IS in a week due to the snow, ice combo...im not even going to attempt to drive it on the stock tires.

Hey Rberga1: where you around in chicago..i live here to...around the northwest side.. nice to see another IS here in the Windy city

------------------
Later

ONYX 01

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry Kerr, I have no pics of my car. But, I know someone else has posted pics of a GGP IS.
I am also in the northwest suburbs mccarlin. I live in Des Plaines...right off of touhy. I wish I had another car to drive during the winter too, but i'm just a poor student :p.

------------------
'01 Graphite Gray Pearl

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
saltedeggman
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing