Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I leave my car parked on the street for at least 2 hours outside in the blistering cold, I notice that when i start the car up and drive off, my car seems to be hitting a bump on the road followed by another bump like every 3 feet. But actually it is flat spots on the tires because my street has been newly paved with asphalt which gaurantees smooth pavement. As i drive on the tires warm up and the flat spots are gone. Anyone else have this problem? This only happens when it is freezing cold outside.

------------------
'01 Graphite Gray Pearl

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yep, all the time, that is the problem with the low profile tires. You will get use to it. Hey post a picture of the car. I have never seen one that color.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Originally posted by Rberga1:
When I leave my car parked on the street for at least 2 hours outside in the blistering cold, I notice that when i start the car up and drive off, my car seems to be hitting a bump on the road followed by another bump like every 3 feet. But actually it is flat spots on the tires because my street has been newly paved with asphalt which gaurantees smooth pavement. As i drive on the tires warm up and the flat spots are gone. Anyone else have this problem? This only happens when it is freezing cold outside.

I havent noticed this problem yet, but then again i havent driven my IS in a week due to the snow, ice combo...im not even going to attempt to drive it on the stock tires.

Hey Rberga1: where you around in chicago..i live here to...around the northwest side.. nice to see another IS here in the Windy city

------------------
Later

ONYX 01

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry Kerr, I have no pics of my car. But, I know someone else has posted pics of a GGP IS.
I am also in the northwest suburbs mccarlin. I live in Des Plaines...right off of touhy. I wish I had another car to drive during the winter too, but i'm just a poor student :p.

------------------
'01 Graphite Gray Pearl

1 - 6 of 6 Posts