Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if anyone has painted their IS flat black. i always wondered what it would look like. does anyone have any pics?

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i have black Volk SF Challenge rims. i wonder if that would help out with the looks. look at my profile pic.

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
I can't help you with a pic, but if its a good quality satin black job, and the car has the body mods to fit it, I think it will look good as hell.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
I really want to do this to mine, and then pinstripe the hell out of it. She could use a paint job. the only problem I see with this is that... a.) It's expensive to do it right, and b.) you'll take it in the shorts when it's time to sell.

I think it's a fad, and although looks sick on old skool Mercs, and Caddy's... for a new car, this trend might die out.

·
Registered
356 Posts
i think the hks altezza was flat black the one with the wide body. But you can't really compare that to our cars.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I think it looks pretty cool on some cars. If this is your daily driver then forget about it. You are just going to look like a ricer that is saving up for the next part of a paintjob. But if this is your weekend only track car w/ 600+hp, then yeah it would be badass.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I think it looks pretty cool on some cars. If this is your daily driver then forget about it. You are just going to look like a ricer that is saving up for the next part of a paintjob. But if this is your weekend only track car w/ 600+hp, then yeah it would be badass.
Agreed.

·
Registered
56 Posts
flat black becomes somewhat popular, and it can be look either good or bad, just first thing that comes to my mind is Taiwan, because all aftermarket body parts they make comes in that flat black color, very misalighned though

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
The Z4 Coupe is sick. In Matte Silver, its NUTS!

1 - 20 of 77 Posts