Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
chrisCARL0S said:
Yep. Just bake them, paint the housing, and reseal them. Just like headlights.
reseal them with silicone right?....this will be a good DIY tommorow

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
linner420 said:
reseal them with silicone right?....this will be a good DIY tommorow

If done "correct" you may or may not need extra

So if you want to be safe just add some

And to smoke talking about the lenses or the housings?

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IMPRIMIS said:
If done "correct" you may or may not need extra

So if you want to be safe just add some

And to smoke talking about the lenses or the housings?
paints housings black oops....edited

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
linner420 said:
paints housings black oops....edited

Its cool cause I was going to suggest smoked Xpel for the lenses if you were doing that

But yeah man get some paint and primer and get it done

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
IMPRIMIS said:
Its cool cause I was going to suggest smoked Xpel for the lenses if you were doing that

But yeah man get some paint and primer and get it done
got them open right now jay.....should i sand the silver gloss down a little to get the paint to stick better? or just primer it and paint it?

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
linner420 said:
got them open right now jay.....should i sand the silver gloss down a little to get the paint to stick better? or just primer it and paint it?
Yeah just rough it up some to give the primer to adhere to

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thksdad said:
it looks good. i think ya need to clean the clear part though...looks like there lots of white specs on the clear part.
yea there a lil dirty + rep for the comment

·
Registered
171 Posts
Look good just wetsand the lens with 2000 grit sand paper. That grit would make it easy to polish when done. Just make sure all scrathes are off when done. Now find a good polishing compound and rubbing in and off till you get the look you want. not very hard but worth it. Good luck..

Reactions: linner420

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
MiamiIs300 said:
Look good just wetsand the lens with 2000 grit sand paper. That grit would make it easy to polish when done. Just make sure all scrathes are off when done. Now find a good polishing compound and rubbing in and off till you get the look you want. not very hard but worth it. Good luck..
thanks + rep i was wondering how I could get the plastic lens to look like it wasnt so used.......

ALso got any recommendations for a polishing compound?

·
Registered
171 Posts
I use 3m Polishing compound. Works great but you should be able to get away with others also.

·
Registered
645 Posts
That looks good but I have one question, what's the point of blacking out the reflective part around the lens? Won't that make them pretty much useless?

·
Registered
354 Posts
^^ Good point, but our fog lights are projectors, so the reflective housing really doesn't have a point except for looks. Projectors dont use reflective housings to refract the light.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts