Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just lowered my car on tein CST coilovers about 2inch's all the way around. I recently rolled my fenders and had an alignment done. The shop that did it said they did the best they can with the toe/camber.

(After alignment)

Fronts(left) Cross camber 0.0
Cross Caster: -0.2
Cross SAI: -0.8
Total toe: 0.08

Rears: Cross camber -0.1
Total toe 0.11
Thrust angle: -0.02

They could not do anything to the fronts. My main concern is camber wear. Even having an alignment done, there will be a lot of tire wear. I have read on the forums that there is one camber kit out on the market but it is not worth buying. How would I correct this issue if there is not many options out there to do? I know it can be done, I would appreciate everyones advice is is lowered/slammed experience on how to correct this issue.

-Jayson

·
Registered
344 Posts
you should've gotten different coilovers that have camber adjustment.

for the price of CST's you could've gotten the BC racing ones for $1100 that have camber adjustment. i think ksports have camber adjustment too

·
Vendor
4,593 Posts
you should've gotten different coilovers that have camber adjustment.

for the price of CST's you could've gotten the BC racing ones for $1100 that have camber adjustment. i think ksports have camber adjustment too
Not true, the IS300 does not have struts that adjust camber. Its a double wishbone, non geometric damping. Also your target in the rear should be more or -1.0 not 0 with toe slightly out to counteract the toe link arc. Your issue with inner tire wear is created by toe and bump steer. The rear actually steers under compression meaning when you lower it, you make it steer even more per amount of compression.

Check into my MEGA arms as the will fix both causes, camber and bump steer. I will also have toe links coming out in a month or so.

On the front its the same thing, toe out a bit so that bump steer is more or less neutral. Its basically shooting for the near side of the toe range. It will take a shop longer to get it dialed in so they usually give up when they are in "spec" but remember, the "spec" is for a stock car and it does not map to a lowered car.

Side note, I sell BC racing coilovers for 1K shipped.

Fig

·
Vendor
4,593 Posts
Well the SPC camber kit was a huge disapointment. Had the kit installed. Took it to an alignment shop and the camber is still in the -3.0! The toe was corrected but only by a couple degrees.
you should get my LCA..it will be ready in a few weeks when I return.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.