Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some people got stone chips earlier. I just found out I got one this weekend when I washed my car. What did you folks do to fix it ?

I know someone posted do-it-yourself instructions, but I don't think I have the dexterity to do that. Has anyone gotten it fixed through their dealers or bodyshops ? How much did it cost ? What was done ?

thanks,

--k

·
Registered
166 Posts
Get some matching IS300 paint from the dealer and touch it up with a thin Modelling brush. (Dealer also suggested that using a spray gun with the paint painting gave the best result)
If its a deep stone chip, put more coats.
I had three massive paint chips on my hood, so I touched it up (turned out ok) then I put the 3M stoneguard on (Its a must).

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm afraid of the results I'll get if I touch it up myself. Has anyone taken their cars to a body shop to get it touched up ?

Also, anyone in the silicon valley have any recommendations on a business that does the stonegard installations ?

--k

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
chiem
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing