Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I said before I’m trying to fix this abused is300 and bring it back to stock,in the first picture I’m new to the car scene so excuse me if I’m wrong about something,I’m looking for an exhaust manifold,an oem air intake,whatever those plastics thing’s are, the other plastic under the shifter,the door panel control thingy and finally the antenna any help would be appreciated,thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
242 Posts
Welcome. Most of this stuff will
Need to be found online. All the plastic clips can be bought new to reattach the plastics as well as the plastic under the shifter most likely. Depending on where you’re at in the states I have a complete stock intake.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Need to be found online. All the plastic clips can be bought new to reattach the plastics as well as the plastic under the shifter most likely. Depending on where you’re at in the states I have a complete stock intake.
ty man!also I live in Texas

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
242 Posts
I see, well I am in California. So shipping might be more. You may be able to find a stock intake there. What’s wrong with the K&N that’s on it now?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see, well I am in California. So shipping might be more. You may be able to find a stock intake there. What’s wrong with the K&N that’s on it now?
Well the guy installed it and didn’t get it tuned so there’s that,same thing with the manifold and I’m starting think that’s why the engine is shaking anyways because I’m trying to bring it back to stock for reliability

·
Registered
614 Posts
Well the guy installed it and didn’t get it tuned so there’s that,same thing with the manifold and I’m starting think that’s why the engine is shaking anyways because I’m trying to bring it back to stock for reliability
You don't need a tune for the K&N intake. The engine is probably shaking because of something else, like oil in the spark plug valley or something. Any CEL codes?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You don't need a tune for the K&N intake. The engine is probably shaking because of something else, like oil in the spark plug valley or something. Any CEL codes?
Sorry i only know a little bit about cars so alot of that went over my head.where can I go to get these codes that you’re talking about?

·
Registered
614 Posts
Check Engine Light codes. If your check engine light is on, then you should get a scanner (or take it to a shop) so you can find out what's wrong.

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
242 Posts
As stated above, the intake won’t cause shaking.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Except for general maintenance you cant really tune these cars. The computer sets all the fuel and air mixtures based on the maf sensor (the thing screwed to the mid section of the K&N intake) and the o2 sensors on the exhaust, maybe one or 2 other sensors. You cant change the timing either, the computer also looks after that. You can clean the MAF sensor with electrical cleaner, but i doubt that would cause shaking, it usually causes it to hesitate when you put your foot on the gas.

Start by searching on here for the manuals for the car and download them, will help you find the bits we are talking about.;)

If its shaking its probably running on 5 of the 6 cylinders, which means theres either an issue with the spark or the injectors. Spark is more common on these engines. Check the spark plugs are in good condition, on the way to getting to them you may notice their is oil coating or covering them and the coil packs, which means the cam covers are leaking and they need to be replaced. The oil can cause a short to the plugs or coils so they dont fire correctly. Other things that can cause it is a bad coil pack (sitting on top of the spark plugs).

The ECU computer might be putting out some error codes, so you can get it scanned to see if it points to something not working right. That can also give you a good place to start, though it tends to only show if major items are wrong. It will show you where the misfire is happening if that is the case.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Except for general maintenance you cant really tune these cars. The computer sets all the fuel and air mixtures based on the maf sensor (the thing screwed to the mid section of the K&N intake) and the o2 sensors on the exhaust, maybe one or 2 other sensors. You cant change the timing either, the computer also looks after that. You can clean the MAF sensor with electrical cleaner, but i doubt that would cause shaking, it usually causes it to hesitate when you put your foot on the gas.

Start by searching on here for the manuals for the car and download them, will help you find the bits we are talking about.;)

If its shaking its probably running on 5 of the 6 cylinders, which means theres either an issue with the spark or the injectors. Spark is more common on these engines. Check the spark plugs are in good condition, on the way to getting to them you may notice their is oil coating or covering them and the coil packs, which means the cam covers are leaking and they need to be replaced. The oil can cause a short to the plugs or coils so they dont fire correctly. Other things that can cause it is a bad coil pack (sitting on top of the spark plugs).

The ECU computer might be putting out some error codes, so you can get it scanned to see if it points to something not working right. That can also give you a good place to start, though it tends to only show if major items are wrong. It will show you where the misfire is happening if that is the case.
Thank you man that really was informative!now I have a much better idea of what I’m looking for and it’s crazy I actually got the actual manuals with the car!so that was lucky anyways I will look into these things you mentioned and drop an update on how everything turned out!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Check Engine Light codes. If your check engine light is on, then you should get a scanner (or take it to a shop) so you can find out what's wrong.
Alright good to know was talking to my friend this morning and we’re going to take to an auto parts store to get it scanned for free!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a hand full of stock engine parts, no air filter and throttle body but I have the other air intake pieces if you'd like, lmk what you need!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Along with just basic searches on ebay or craiglist or even junkyards you can find those parts you're looking for. I know a guy here in South Florida that runs a place called Nocturnal Visions. He has an abundance of IS300 parts. Everything you can think of. He ships. His number is (954) 543-0443.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Along with just basic searches on ebay or craiglist or even junkyards you can find those parts you're looking for. I know a guy here in South Florida that runs a place called Nocturnal Visions. He has an abundance of IS300 parts. Everything you can think of. He ships. His number is (954) 543-0443.
do you know his business hours?I tried to goggle search and only found a Facebook page Also thanks man for the suggestion!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts