Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a way to prevent the rear seatbelt from flapping around and making a ton of noise when the windows are down???

All I have found to do is tuck the buckle up under the rear headrest, but that doesn't fix it all the way.

It's not that big of a deal, but I have a feeling that it annoyed someone out there enough to do something about it!

·
Registered
8,894 Posts
I don't have the problem with my rearseat belt when I have my windows down.

try buckling them up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've got the same issue in my IS. When driving with the Windows down the middle seat belt flaps making a lot of noice. Along with the the wind or the belt causes the rear arm rest to fall. Anyone else seeing this problem, and any ideas of how to fix it? I've tried to buckle the blets, but that just made the flapping worse.

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Now you know what ISOFIX means, its written on the tab on the seats
In Search Of FIX for flapping maybe?

haha, they say use the AC but that sucks all the power out of your engine dont it?
I know that flapping seatbelt issue all too well.
Also the crazy buffer zone you get when both back windows are down equal amount, sounds like testing a sub or something.
The problem is our car might be pretty good in wind tunnel testing, but once the windows are open its just windy hell in there. My dodge stratus had better front air window design, not much air I mean.
Anyway if you find a fix let me know too.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I also have the flaping rear belts, I would buckle them but that looks kinda retarded...............hmmmm.......... how do we keep the seat belts functional and non flappy?????

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
- I think we are just fuct with this situation

·
Registered
458 Posts
xavier276 said:
I've got the same issue in my IS. When driving with the Windows down the middle seat belt flaps making a lot of noice. Along with the the wind or the belt causes the rear arm rest to fall. Anyone else seeing this problem, and any ideas of how to fix it? I've tried to buckle the blets, but that just made the flapping worse.
Don't know how to fix the Flapping seatbelt but I did notice that the only time my center armrest falls down is when I am too lazy to close the "Back Door" :shame: you know the hard plastic that Magnets to the bottom of the rear deck.

·
Registered
141 Posts
thedon said:
Now you know what ISOFIX means, its written on the tab on the seats
In Search Of FIX for flapping maybe?

haha, they say use the AC but that sucks all the power out of your engine dont it?
I know that flapping seatbelt issue all too well.
Also the crazy buffer zone you get when both back windows are down equal amount, sounds like testing a sub or something.
The problem is our car might be pretty good in wind tunnel testing, but once the windows are open its just windy hell in there. My dodge stratus had better front air window design, not much air I mean.
Anyway if you find a fix let me know too.

http://www.iso.org/iso/en/prods-services/popstds/isofix.html

·
Registered
37 Posts
I know this is a dead post, but I too have the issue of the middle rear seatbelt flapping with the windows down. I also have had teh middle arm rest pop out while driving. Did anyone come up with a solution? I might just try to remove the rear seat, and put the middle belt behind it. I won't need the use of the middle belt anyway.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts