Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently got a ticket for "Modified exhaust to enhance sound" ...its the HKS Hiper. So I figure okay, fix-it ticket... no biggie.. i'll just swap out my old exhaust....but then I just recieved in the mail a letter stating that I either Pay a bail amount of $183 or pay for traffic school..... is this correct? I mean, my ticket wasn't for a moving violation so why would they ask for bail or traffic school?

·
Registered
457 Posts
i gotta fixing ticket...only paid $10...for my front window..tint..

can not go to traffic shcool for a fixing ticket... :lol: :lol: might just wanna go to court...

·
Registered
68 Posts
I believe with a fix it ticket you can just replace your muffler in your case, get it signed off go to court and show proof and they will just charge you around $10 for the court fee. No points go on your record if you fix it.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
You can still have a fine associated with a fix-it ticket. Most of the time, you will notice that the box next to the violation is checked off as "dismissable." If that's the case, then you only have to pay the 10.00. If the ticket indicates that the violation is "non-dismissable," then you have to pay a fine as well.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Does anybody seem to notice that cops completely disregard the law? I've seen like a gazillion people getting muffler tickets even when the mufflers are 50 state legal. I mean even when you prove to the cop that it is sound legal they don't seem to care. I've complained multiple times to my local police about it and they pretty much tell me to stick it up my ass. We should all get together and do something on the state levels in our local areas about it, because it really is getting ridiculous.

·
Registered
935 Posts
flproject13 said:
Does anybody seem to notice that cops completely disregard the law? I've seen like a gazillion people getting muffler tickets even when the mufflers are 50 state legal. I mean even when you prove to the cop that it is sound legal they don't seem to care. I've complained multiple times to my local police about it and they pretty much tell me to stick it up my ass. We should all get together and do something on the state levels in our local areas about it, because it really is getting ridiculous.
When most manufacturers say "50 state legal" with respect to exhausts there is often the word "emissions" in there. I don't know that 50 state legal applies to the sound.

What was the vehicle code violation number? Most states list their vehicle codes on an official web site. If the cited VC doesn't match your exhaust noise "violation" you could have the ticket thrown out. I always check to make sure the cited VC violation on the ticket matches the verbal explanation by the officer. I once got a ticket for speeding but the officer cited the VC "unsafe turning manouver" or some such. Judge threw it out the second I explained my confusion.

·
Registered
26 Posts
yeah, the cops are suppose to know every muffler and know if its legal or not.. what's there problem anyways?

flproject13 said:

·
Registered
26 Posts
oh, btw, If I was a cop I'd pull you over and beat you silly with my red club (red from your blood). Your a fucking idiot.. you complained to the police they don't know that YOUR muffler is legal.. get real! perhaps once you turn 16 and can drive the car without your mom life may start to sink in.

flproject13 said:

·
Registered
819 Posts
thank goodness you're not

bababooey said:
oh, btw, If I was a cop I'd pull you over and beat you silly with my red club (red from your blood). Your a fucking idiot.. you complained to the police they don't know that YOUR muffler is legal.. get real! perhaps once you turn 16 and can drive the car without your mom life may start to sink in.

flproject13 said:

·
Registered
819 Posts
UpTownIS300er said:
I just recently got a ticket for "Modified exhaust to enhance sound" ...its the HKS Hiper. So I figure okay, fix-it ticket... no biggie.. i'll just swap out my old exhaust....but then I just recieved in the mail a letter stating that I either Pay a bail amount of $183 or pay for traffic school..... is this correct? I mean, my ticket wasn't for a moving violation so why would they ask for bail or traffic school?
if you got this ticket in Cali, you can go to a smog referre station to have it cleared. the sound, which can't exceed 95db (i think), is measured from the exhaust from a certain distance and angle at half redline engine speed. i'm not sure of the specifics...

·
Registered
819 Posts
flproject13 said:
disregard the law?? you are a dumbass. 50 state legal refers to emissions NOT sound... you're the one that's ridiculous :roll:

·
Registered
9,498 Posts
Cleo said:
flproject13 said:
disregard the law?? you are a dumbass. 50 state legal refers to emissions NOT sound... you're the one that's ridiculous :roll:
kids these days...they just don't get it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.