Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I found some used EVO Recaro seats that I'm contemplating on purchasing for track use only. I'd need to have a custom bracket made of course and was wondering if any of you had recommendations for a shop in the local NOVA area.
Maybe take the measurements you would need to a random machine shop and have them fab the plates for you? Or skip the seats altogether and just remove the passenger seat when going to the track?

I would like to see your 350 stay faster then the IS-F, which fastest I have seen is 12.89 :)

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe take the measurements you would need to a random machine shop and have them fab the plates for you? Or skip the seats altogether and just remove the passenger seat when going to the track?

I would like to see your 350 stay faster then the IS-F :)
LOL i'm not going to remove the passenger seat, but having 2 lightweight and supportive seats for both drag and road course events would be nice. I just don't want to end up spending more for the fabrication than I do on the seats. I've never done seat swaps before so I really don't know what I'm doing for measurements, etc.

Oh and there have been 2 IS-F's already beat my times. Check out my my drag strip journal in my signature and click on the Top 5 IS-F runs. I'm predicting when the weather cools the IS-F will hit mid to low 12's.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Has anyone tried running nitrous on the 2nd gen's? Or swapped to a DR tire?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Has anyone tried running nitrous on the 2nd gen's? Or swapped to a DR tire?
DR tires don't make much of a difference on the car, but running R compounds with slightly smaller diameter have helped and is what I use. 245/35/18 compared to 255/40/18 OEM.

As for Nitrous there has been one guy to run it with success, but he hasn't hit the 1/4.

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
have you tried using is300 rails for the is300? measure where the holes are on your is350 and check them vs. an is350 and see if yuo can just use the same rails. or maybe use sparco rails with bride seats?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
have you tried using is300 rails for the is300? measure where the holes are on your is350 and check them vs. an is350 and see if yuo can just use the same rails. or maybe use sparco rails with bride seats?

Good idea. :) I'll pop a seat out sometime and see what the measurements are. Then maybe one of you IS300 guys can check and then I can compare.

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
id assume they are the same holes as the is300. i dont see why lexus would have changed them.

you might be a bit too low in bride seats though. might need spacers to get the seat high enough seating position to see over the dash. hahaha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts