Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
specs: 17x7.5 +45

17x8.5 +30

will these fit first gen IS? any help appreciated!!! :)

a friend gave me these ROTA d2s & don't know if ill throw them on the IS, sw20, or the trash.......

if they fit the IS, what tires should i go with for the "stetched" drift look?

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
yah these will definitely fit however might be some rubbing in the rear but highly doubt it, depends on how lowered u are, i think its borderline 8.5 +30. correct me if im wrong anyone

but about the stretched tire look, i wouldnt recommend it. and yah i know they're just rotas and they were free and no need to take care of them but stretched tires you need like 40-50psi just to be safe of sidewalls not caving in and the ride is just horrible with stretched tires and did i say uneven tirewear. plus on a 7.5 wheels youll need like 195's or 185's maybe lower to get that look.

idk just my .02 man but "to each his own" like everyone says

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^thanks!!!

any other opinions???

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tried them on and the rears fit perfect!!!

the bad news........the fronts dont clear the calipers :(

guess i'll try 'em on the sw20.......

wish me luck.....

·
Registered
91 Posts
will i run into the same problem with 17X8.5 +33?? i have a set of 17X8.5 +33 manaray super mesh's coming in and wanted to mount them on my 01 is.

·
Registered
91 Posts
thanks for the helpful replies!!!!

tried them on and the rears fit perfect!!!

the bad news........the fronts dont clear the calipers
im not soo scared of fitting them on back... this guy got some 17x8.5 +30 to fit perfectly and i'll have a +33 offset. the tires are 215-45-17.. i wanna use these for a mild stretch and to help with fitment...

im superscared that i'll run into problems up front....will i????

any help is appriciated!!!

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
thanks for the helpful replies!!!!

im not soo scared of fitting them on back... this guy got some 17x8.5 +30 to fit perfectly and i'll have a +33 offset. the tires are 215-45-17.. i wanna use these for a mild stretch and to help with fitment...

im superscared that i'll run into problems up front....will i????

any help is appriciated!!!
17X8.5 +33 will fit on the front but they will stick out quite a bit. I hope you are not lowered at all.

·
Registered
208 Posts
You might want to go with 215/40/17.
I ran 17x8 with 205/40/17 on a car once and
it handled like crap.
I also hope your not lowered.

·
Registered
91 Posts
You might want to go with 215/40/17.
I ran 17x8 with 205/40/17 on a car once and
it handled like crap.
I also hope your not lowered.
i hope it doesnt handle too crappy with 215-45-17's but i already have a new set of fuzions that i wanted to try out but if its that horrible i'll switch out in spring..

i would really like to keep the ride as stock as possible cause this is my daily driver and not for motorsports at all(thats another project) but i would like to lower it a little with some swift springs... i see that you guys say " i hope your not lowered" why?????

can i just roll the fenders or do i have to do some pounding???
i wanted all my rims to be the same size and i also wanted a little lip...
these manaray super mesh's are pretty nice -imho- 8.5 wide with a 3 inch lip for super cheap.. i just wish the offset was a little more helpful..

i really appreciate this guys!

·
Registered
208 Posts
i hope it doesnt handle too crappy with 215-45-17's but i already have a new set of fuzions that i wanted to try out but if its that horrible i'll switch out in spring..

i would really like to keep the ride as stock as possible cause this is my daily driver and not for motorsports at all(thats another project) but i would like to lower it a little with some swift springs... i see that you guys say " i hope your not lowered" why?????

can i just roll the fenders or do i have to do some pounding???
i wanted all my rims to be the same size and i also wanted a little lip...
these manaray super mesh's are pretty nice -imho- 8.5 wide with a 3 inch lip for super cheap.. i just wish the offset was a little more helpful..

i really appreciate this guys!

If you went with the 17x7.5 +45 (215/45/17) all the way around,you should be fine with this setup.
I'm running Tokico HP/H&R setup on my daily driver (love the looks and ride).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts