Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i ogt my firt ticket today and it was for reckless driving. I am 17 and have never gotten into trouble before in my enitre life. School or with the law. It says i swirved into athe oncomming lane 3 times, and had no regard for public saftey. I ahve to go to court Sep. 10, and i awant to know what is going to happen there? Will i get my licenes revoked or waht? I am relly scared of waht is going to happen. I sut want to hear some of your stories on your reckless driving adventures. Alos did your insurance go up?? My aprnts said they mgiht sell my car if this happens. I never cause trouble or anyhting. just happened to be unlucky one night. Thanks alot!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
52,610 Posts
TylerBStanley said:
Well i ogt my firt ticket today and it was for reckless driving. I am 17 and have never gotten into trouble before in my enitre life. School or with the law. It says i swirved into athe oncomming lane 3 times, and had no regard for public saftey. I ahve to go to court Sep. 10, and i awant to know what is going to happen there? Will i get my licenes revoked or waht? I am relly scared of waht is going to happen. I sut want to hear some of your stories on your reckless driving adventures. Alos did your insurance go up?? My aprnts said they mgiht sell my car if this happens. I never cause trouble or anyhting. just happened to be unlucky one night. Thanks alot!!
That's a serouis charge.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,096 Posts
Welp....there's a first time for everything.

And with you swirving onto incoming traffic 3x, you'll lucky u didn't kill yourself or anyone else. :shame:
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
11,061 Posts
Well...DID you swerve into oncoming traffic and if so, WHY? Were you picking your nose, fiddling with the stereo, playing with yourself, on the cell phone, drunk?

If you are a "good boy" you MAY be able to throw yourself on the mercy of the court, pay a fine and promise not to drive in the wee hours of the morning for six months. Get a lawyer and bargain... TRY TO KEEP THIS "first offense" OFF YOUR RECORD.

Of course, if you were intoxicated, you deserve what you get...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
For one, you're 17, so when you say "your entire" life, that accounts to about a single year of legal driving...

Insurance??? Again, you're 17, so you must be paying already over $2K a year, but with a serious charge like that you are looking at doubling that. Some insurance companies could even drop the coverage alltogether.

Frankly this is why not too many 17 year olds drive an IS300... :roll: :shame:

One thing that's on your side is the fact that this is your 1st ticket. DO NOT pass the opportunity to do driving school and DO plead "not guilty", you might have a chance...

p.s. Three weeks ago, when I drove to LA to pick up my new IS, I got my very first ticket, for being in the wrong lane with a trailer. I had no idea I was breaking the law, but still... Check out www.ticketassasin.com, there are instructions on what you can do: they are idiot-proof, I'm following those myself right now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,573 Posts
Straight from the DMV Vehicle Code, pay close attention to item (c)


Vehicle Code



Reckless Driving

23103. (a) Any person who drives any vehicle upon a highway in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property is guilty of reckless driving.

(b) Any person who drives any vehicle in any offstreet parking facility, as defined in subdivision (c) of Section 12500, in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property is guilty of reckless driving.

(c) Persons convicted of the offense of reckless driving shall be punished by imprisonment in a county jail for not less than five days nor more than 90 days or by a fine of not less than one hundred forty-five dollars ($145) nor more than one thousand dollars ($1,000), or by both that fine and imprisonment, except as provided in Section 23104.

Amended Sec. 19, Ch. 739, Stats. 2001. Effective January 1, 2002.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,153 Posts
Come on Tyler, answer Shiela's question.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
52,610 Posts
If this guy is in Kentucky, it's going to be tough. That is, unless he has something on the judge or the cops.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
I suggest you get a lawyer and take driver improvement classes voluntarily before your court date. this will help you out ALOT. make sure that you take the classes BEFORE your court date
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
360 Posts
I had a friend that was charged with reckless driving. He ran a couple of stop signs and was speeding according to the cop. What happened to him was that he got a couple of points on his license. Basically, if he gets one more infraction, he will get his license suspended. The points stay on his license for a really long time too... something like 7 years if I remember correctly... I'm not positive about that though... but it is a long time. He has the option to petition the court to have the violation dropped from his record in like 3 or 4 years, but it's not a sure thing. The insurance carrier he had at the time dropped him and sent him a very nasty letter. Finding a new insurance company was very difficult and his rates are now sky high. This was all in California.

When you go to court, the judge will hear your side and the police officer's side of the story. He'll basically ignore your story and side with the police officer.

It will probably be a big pain for you to get all of this taken care of. It will all work itself out though. Good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,153 Posts
Broomhead said:
I had a friend that was charged with reckless driving. He ran a couple of stop signs and was speeding according to the cop. What happened to him was that he got a couple of points on his license. Basically, if he gets one more infraction, he will get his license suspended. The points stay on his license for a really long time too... something like 7 years if I remember correctly... I'm not positive about that though... but it is a long time. The insurance carrier he had at the time dropped him and sent him a very nasty letter. Finding a new insurance company was very difficult and his rates are now sky high. This was all in California.

It will probably be a big pain for you to get all of this taken care of. It will all work itself out though. Good luck.
Good luck? This kid was charged with reckless driving for a reason. String him up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
360 Posts
ÜberPhLuBB said:
Good luck? This kid was charged with reckless driving for a reason. String him up.
Yeah... he did do wrong. But you know what is different about this post? He doesn't complain about the police officer being unfair... or deny that he did something wrong. He's just saying that he's afraid of what is going to happen to him now. I can respect that he takes responsibility for his actions. Plus, I did some pretty foolish things when I was his age too. I'm just lucky I never got caught. 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
937 Posts
DL said:
Straight from the DMV Vehicle Code, pay close attention to item (c)


Vehicle Code



Reckless Driving

23103. (a) Any person who drives any vehicle upon a highway in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property is guilty of reckless driving.

(b) Any person who drives any vehicle in any offstreet parking facility, as defined in subdivision (c) of Section 12500, in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property is guilty of reckless driving.

(c) Persons convicted of the offense of reckless driving shall be punished by imprisonment in a county jail for not less than five days nor more than 90 days or by a fine of not less than one hundred forty-five dollars ($145) nor more than one thousand dollars ($1,000), or by both that fine and imprisonment, except as provided in Section 23104.

Amended Sec. 19, Ch. 739, Stats. 2001. Effective January 1, 2002.
Hmm... that's almost the same as Section 23103 of the California Vehicle Code. :lol:

It might be wise to consult an attorney that's familar with Kentucky vehicle laws. :chill:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
937 Posts
DL said:
Straight from the DMV Vehicle Code, pay close attention to item (c)


Vehicle Code



Reckless Driving

23103. (a) Any person who drives any vehicle upon a highway in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property is guilty of reckless driving.

(b) Any person who drives any vehicle in any offstreet parking facility, as defined in subdivision (c) of Section 12500, in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property is guilty of reckless driving.

(c) Persons convicted of the offense of reckless driving shall be punished by imprisonment in a county jail for not less than five days nor more than 90 days or by a fine of not less than one hundred forty-five dollars ($145) nor more than one thousand dollars ($1,000), or by both that fine and imprisonment, except as provided in Section 23104.

Amended Sec. 19, Ch. 739, Stats. 2001. Effective January 1, 2002.
Hmm... that's almost the same as Section 23103 of the California Vehicle Code. :lol:

It might be wise to consult an attorney that's familar with Kentucky vehicle laws. :chill:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,364 Posts
First do us all a favor.. proofread your spelling, because you cant spell for being 17. It only takes a few minutes.. Secondly, if its your first offense I got a charge when i was that age about 8 years ago, and I went to court and had to community service and pay a fine...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,573 Posts
That is from the california DMV code, I was just using it as a reference for him. Damn you :oops: I'm pretty sure the reckless driving laws are quite similar, although Cali is known to have harsher laws than most states in the US
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,113 Posts
i just want to say that your a fuckin retard.. Im fuckin 16 and i would never ever doo something that stupid.. im happy your dumb ass is fucked.. its cause of idiots like you i need to pay $$$$$ for insurance.. thanks asshole.. maybe this will teach you not to be such a fuck up.. and btw your sig is gay.. my parents are the same wat and look at the mods i have .. 8)
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
8,880 Posts
aLLeNx44 said:
i just want to say that your a fuckin retard.. Im fuckin 16 and i would never ever doo something that stupid.. im happy your dumb ass is fucked.. its cause of idiots like you i need to pay $$$$$ for insurance.. thanks asshole.. maybe this will teach you not to be such a f*ck up.. and btw your sig is ghey.. my parents are the same wat and look at the mods i have .. 8)
That type of an attitude will not get you many friends.
Don't judge and you won't be judged.
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Top