Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was my first time racing in an SCCA / WAI (Wisconsin Autocrossers) event on Sunday (July 20th) at Miller Park.
Actually, it was not only my first time racing ever, it was also the first time I've ever driven a car to its extremes period.

A seasoned AutoXer / co-worker came with me and he put his Mustang 5.0 away for the day and we partnered in my car so he could teach me the ropes.

We were in the "Rear Wheel Drive Street Tires" class with 38 total drivers.

It was a pretty tight course yesterday but the IS was AMAZING!

My coworker took 3rd Place in my car only being beat by two Mustang Cobras, and I took 13th... out of 38!! I was only .2 seconds away from the 12th place (trophy spot) and only 1 second away from my partner's best time also beating Corvette Z06's and M3's driven by proficient drivers.

I must say that my car was surprising everybody INCLUDING MYSELF! Some people didn't even know what it was. All in all, my opinion, the IS is a GREAT track car for a 4-Door sedan!

Well, I'm just proud of myself and my car on Sunday so don't mind me! See you at the next one people!

·
Mr. Negative
12,388 Posts
congrats man! I hope it was a blast and I bet you can't wait to get out there for another event. Be carefull, it's addictive. ;)

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks man... and your right, its EXTREMELY addictive.

I can't wait to get out there again!

Hey, do you have any vids of you and your car on the track? I'd like to see what a Supercharged IS looks like tearin' up the course!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts