Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
What suspension are you running? If I were you I would get struts, springs, and sways before Boost.

·
Registered
548 Posts
suspension? what to do next is kind of comes down to what you want out of you car. Track time, cruising, showing, its all up to you- What do you have in the car now?

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
suspension? what to do next is kind of comes down to what you want out of you car. Track time, cruising, showing, its all up to you- What do you have in the car now?
He said he was thinking about boosting do I told him what would be best for that situation.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

yeah i agree with u... i just want some more power and also thinking of a cwest kit but not sure i search around and ifound out that the crash bar have to be modded or taken out =/ so im kinda confuse right now

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Then if you plan on boosting, the smartest thing to do would be to Upgrade your handling first. You can either do coilovers or a spring and strut combo. Uprgade your sways as well. Whats the point of boost if you can handle a turn. Your car will be all over the place with boost and stock suspension.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Then if you plan on boosting, the smartest thing to do would be to Upgrade your handling first. You can either do coilovers or a spring and strut combo. Uprgade your sways as well. Whats the point of boost if you can handle a turn. Your car will be all over the place with boost and stock suspension.
oh i never new that suspension matter with boost... but thanks for telling me he he... what kind of springs/shock do you recommend?

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Go for Koni struts and Eibach prokit springs. If you are tight on money then go with Tockico Illumina struts instead. Both of these are adjustable struts. As far as sways go I would go with either Hotchkis or Eibach.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Go for Koni struts and Eibach prokit springs. If you are tight on money then go with Tockico Illumina struts instead. Both of these are adjustable struts. As far as sways go I would go with either Hotchkis or Eibach.
alright ill look into these... do you have a idea on how much drop i would i get from these combos? I dont want it too low im planning to get a body kit in the future

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
The prokit will drop you only 1 inch. It will give you the best clearance with a body kit. If you go with the koni struts there is a lower perch that you can set it at which will add another half inch or so to the drop.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
i would say suspension and blask head tails and fogs. that will def bring it to the next step visually!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts