Lexus IS Forum banner

First SportX Repair

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  timmy0tool 
#1 ·
Almost 91K miles, 8 years into it's life, I had my first non-maintenance repair today. On Friday, the plastic part of the radiator (top part) got a hairline crack right in front of the filler neck, and I leaked (steamed) out my coolant along I-595 Westbound.

$2.57 worth of JB Weld held me over the weekend, but I took her in today to get a a new rad, thermostat, and rad cap.

If I didn't have two kids, I prolly would have rocked that JB Weld for a year or two more :lol:

Hopefully this isn't a sign of worse things to come!

I think I might start demodding it though, I need new tires and 255 ain't cheap and being lowered eats up those mugs.

#2 ·
Sorry to hear that Al. Our GGPs are same age (except mileage your 10k up). Thanks for the post, I'll be keeping an eye out on my radiator...

#5 ·
Good to know.

BTW....one of my rear hatch shock supports blew out on me! Grrrr =(

#6 ·
Yeah, I've read about 'em here a couple years back but I like your post because of how our cars are close in age and mileage. It kinda raise a red flag on my end to keep an eye out for it.

#7 ·
yoo man. you're local, how come we don't see you at local meets. i would LOVE to see your sportx in person!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.