Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i am tired that my IS is quiet lol at a point it seemed relaxing but im over that it needs to sound more agressive. So i am pretty much set on buying an exhaust mod. I was watching alot of vids to find the sound i liked the best and it came down to the HKS DRAGGER II, cuz is not loud unless u jam the gas. So what i need help on is for the people who know about this exhaust and give me their opinions on it and also one of my main concern is if once i put the exhaust will the engine check light come on? And i wanted to know the performance gains on exhausts, like for the intakes u can clearly say the SRT intake gives the most gains so is there an exhaust that gives the most gains out of all as well? if so plz post it up.

Thanks!

·
Banned
3,243 Posts
Well i am tired that my IS is quiet lol at a point it seemed relaxing but im over that it needs to sound more agressive. So i am pretty much set on buying an exhaust mod. I was watching alot of vids to find the sound i liked the best and it came down to the HKS DRAGGER II, cuz is not loud unless u jam the gas. So what i need help on is for the people who know about this exhaust and give me their opinions on it and also one of my main concern is if once i put the exhaust will the engine check light come on? And i wanted to know the performance gains on exhausts, like for the intakes u can clearly say the SRT intake gives the most gains so is there an exhaust that gives the most gains out of all as well? if so plz post it up.

Thanks!
I have this exhaust on my car and all I can tell you is that's my fav exhaust and it has one of the best fitments, it lands right in the center of the rear bumper hole.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have this exhaust on my car and all I can tell you is that's my fav exhaust and it has one of the best fitments, it lands right in the center of the rear bumper hole.
COOL! when you installed it did the engine chek light turn on? and do you know how much gains do u get with that exhaust?

·
Banned
3,243 Posts
COOL! when you installed it did the engine chek light turn on? and do you know how much gains do u get with that exhaust?
the only CEL that i have is the sensor from the y pipe. and about the HP gain is not that much but you will gain a really nice aggressive sound.

·
13,727 Posts
I dont think you get CEL's from these exhausts, unless you add a header and don't wire in the O2 sims. Check out the Tanabe exhausts too.

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
no, there is no way to get a CEL from an exhaust because all of the o2 sensors are in the header and y-pipe. also, even if there was an o2 sensor in the muffler, you still wouldn't throw a code because all the muffler does is change the tone on the exhaust and make it less restrictive. the removal of catalytic converters is why you would throw a CEL since they actually clean the exhaust fumes.

anyway, the drager 2 is a great exhaust, and you can't really go wrong with it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
this exhaust have great sound (deep with no drone or raspiness) and great fitment, just make sure it is aligned before tightening the bolts and by the way you should'nt get CEL just by adding the exhaust. As for the performance all exhaust have similar gain (8-10hp) but its not very noticable while driving.

But if later you decide to add headers, from what i've heard, it will be one of the loudest aftermarket exhaust... but again loudness is relative :bigSmile:

It's a great choice ;)

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
this exhaust have great sound (deep with no drone or raspiness) and great fitment, just make sure it is aligned before tightening the bolts and by the way you should'nt get CEL just by adding the exhaust. As for the performance all exhaust have similar gain (8-10hp) but its not very noticable while driving.

But if later you decide to add headers, from what i've heard, it will be one of the loudest aftermarket exhaust... but again loudness is relative :bigSmile:

It's a great choice ;)
yeah, i have this exhaust with the mazzuri header and y-pipe and the exhaust is pretty loud. it isn't bad while cruising, just while accelerating. if you plan on getting headers, i suggest that you go with an Apexi exhaust, but if not, definitely go with HKS

·
Registered
599 Posts
try to look into the tanabe medallion touring a little more expensive than the dragger II but I think it's worth it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have been looking into this exhaust too, and LOVE the sound. I have a question about it too... don't mean to threadjack, but does anyone know if it has any clearance problems with the tanabe 4point rear underbrace? i have this installed as i usually go suspension before power. but just needed to know this, otherwise i'm sold!

·
Registered
820 Posts
This is also the exhaust I was considering, and pairing it up with the mazzuri header/y pipe. I would like to try and find a full mazzuri system though...

·
Registered
507 Posts
i have an injen intake and the greddy ti-II exhaust and it sound real nice.

It sounds sublte like a g35, or 350z stck exhaust when im just driving normal.

Then when i open throttle and push it it sound real good and deep, not farty or ricey.

·
Registered
112 Posts
im looking to add a Apexi N1 catback. i do plan on gettin headers done. but why do you recommend going with the apexi over the hks on that criteria?
whats your preference between the two?

·
Registered
541 Posts
gotta agree with everyone elso on the HKS exhaust....sounds GREAT! Anyone would/will love the sound of it! I have the SRT intake also and the car really sounds HIGH END and you'll turn heads when you step on it and when cruising, no one will know you're there! I love the HKS and hopefully when I get a 350, I can do dual HKS exhaust, lol!

V.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts