1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
those tails are gayer than tuesday!

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Looks pretty good. The migration of the taillights is going to take some getting used to. The ClubLex people keep saying that the back looks like the rear of the Sportcross. I just don't see that at all.

I guess the spoiler looks similar. :noway:

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Not as inspiring as I'd hoped...the fog lamps look like they're taken off the new Camry. The tail lights are cheap lookin too...enough with this ricey look, it's supposed to be a luxury SUV crossover. It still might be a good buy though, given the updated/upgraded interior, new V6, and overall dynamics of the vehicle.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
blueIS said:
so... that meaes we will be receiving same 3.3L V6... :whine:
Probably a decent chance that next IS engine will be a v-6, but probably not that one. that one will be for the camry, es, rx...maybe another fwd toyota model? There will probably be a different engine for the rwd cars....IS, supra, GS, SC?

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
its a japanese thing. I have no idea either.
there is no "Lexus" in JP hence the "harrier" name

·
Nygmatic
2,683 Posts
eh?? did some one badmouth toesday?? :shame:

thisISwhatIwantToDrive said:
Hey man, don't be bad mouthin' tuesdays....
:shame:

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
The interior looks very luxurious...I'd buy it just for the interior and refinement, not to mention Lexus quality/service. The rear looks a little cheap, with the clear lights, but other than that the car looks pretty decent. Of course, with the new engine it will be a lot more fun to drive. It won't have a hardcore 4WD system, but then that's not what it's meant for anyways. I think it'll once again be a hit. I especially like the steering-wheel mounted controls and the wood trim. It also seems to have memory seats/mirrors, and may even offer a rear-seat dvd player.
So overall it'll be a winner, and perhaps a sales leader for Lexus. I wonder when they're planning to bring in the next GS and a new IS (since the Altezza's been around for about 5 years now).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
22 Participants
D'sIS
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing