Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw an e36 m3 the other day. Off course he started to tail me closely while reving. We got to a light and he started smiling while reving. This was another kill that was over at third gear, he was a good 6 car lengths behind me when my car started pulling in third gear. I guess he thought it was a fluke because I did it too him 2 more times :lol: :lol: Afterwords he asked me if I had nitrous in the car and I explained the situation of boost. Not a real impressive kill but it was an m3 regardless.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Haha why does everyone ask if "You got NOS?!" after being whooped Aldo? I don't get it, man. This kid in a TL-S came up on my ass then flew around me, cut me off, and hit his blinkers. Then, he waited a sec, and tried to floor it to pull away :-? I made sure that I let off the throttle just as I was FLYING BY him so he could get a nice Blow off Valve right in his open window. :lol: STILL, when I slowed down and he pulled up next to me, he asked if I had "NOS." Do people have ANY idea what a turbo is? Or what that HUGE shiny thingy behind my front grill is? Or what that "whooosh.... PSSSHHHT!" noise is as I fly by them with ease?

Anyway, just venting. Good kill. Next time make it an e46 8)

·
Registered
67 Posts
doublins said:
Haha why does everyone ask if "You got NOS?!" after being whooped Aldo? I don't get it, man.
nice kill! i've got an e36 m3 but the is300 has so much potential as seen by your car. once i have a bit more $, i'm thinking about the IS.

as for why most people think "NOS"...look at how cheap it is to run w/ nitrous compared to a turbo. you'll see a lot more kids w/ nitrous.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
doublins said:
Haha why does everyone ask if "You got NOS?!" after being whooped Aldo? I don't get it, man. This kid in a TL-S came up on my ass then flew around me, cut me off, and hit his blinkers. Then, he waited a sec, and tried to floor it to pull away :-? I made sure that I let off the throttle just as I was FLYING BY him so he could get a nice Blow off Valve right in his open window. :lol: STILL, when I slowed down and he pulled up next to me, he asked if I had "NOS." Do people have ANY idea what a turbo is? Or what that HUGE shiny thingy behind my front grill is? Or what that "whooosh.... PSSSHHHT!" noise is as I fly by them with ease?

Anyway, just venting. Good kill. Next time make it an e46 8)
LOL word to that.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Nice kill LT&B...

It's funny that we're talking about the e36, b/c for about 3 months b4 I purchased my IS, I was seriously looking at getting a used e36 and taking it to Active Autowerke in Miami for a Stage II (400whp) turbo. But I came across the article in Turbo Magazine (by coincident) about Toyomoto's 600+ whp IS300 and it was all over from there... I called Lance that day, bought a brand new IS one week later and I'm waiting for Lance to finish my car as we speak. Reason I'm responding is 1) to say NICE FUCKIN KILL... an M3 is an M3! and 2) to suggest that since you are gonna be in Miami this weekend (talked with Randy), you should go by Active and have a friendly run with one of their boosted E36's. That should be a VERY INTERESTING race!

Be safe!

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
onyx_is said:
Nice kill LT&B...

It's funny that we're talking about the e36, b/c for about 3 months b4 I purchased my IS, I was seriously looking at getting a used e36 and taking it to Active Autowerke in Miami for a Stage II (400whp) turbo. But I came across the article in Turbo Magazine (by coincident) about Toyomoto's 600+ whp IS300 and it was all over from there... I called Lance that day, bought a brand new IS one week later and I'm waiting for Lance to finish my car as we speak. Reason I'm responding is 1) to say NICE FUCKIN KILL... an M3 is an M3! and 2) to suggest that since you are gonna be in Miami this weekend (talked with Randy), you should go by Active and have a friendly run with one of their boosted E36's. That should be a VERY INTERESTING race!

Be safe!
A quick threadjack - onyx: your location says Dallas and you went with Toyomoto?? If you're in Dallas, I'd love to see your turbo'd ride!

L&B - great kill!!

·
Registered
612 Posts
bk9,

Not to continue the threadjack, but I'm in Dallas and I went to Toyomoto b/c I believe Lance knows the IS the best...

I'll have my car probably by end of this month and I'll be sure to let you know. PM me for more details.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Nice kill. I'm surprised the Bimmer lasted until you hit 3rd gear... M power :cry: You guys don't know how much I think about how great it'd be to have a boosted ride.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
onyx_is said:
bk9,

Not to continue the threadjack, but I'm in Dallas and I went to Toyomoto b/c I believe Lance knows the IS the best...

I'll have my car probably by end of this month and I'll be sure to let you know. PM me for more details.
Dude why didn't you go to PHR if you are in Dallas?

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
Wxman said:
onyx_is said:
bk9,

why the hell would he want to when u see Toyomoto and their great IS 300's.....which we hear and see of quite often on the board...

how many PHR IS 300's do we know of?

i'm in NJ, and i've been debating which tuner to go with....i was at the PFS meet and i was VERY impressed....

but after having numerous conversations with Dan Taylor and Randy, it was just a no-brainer to go with Toyomoto, just like many others who made that sound and smart decision, and I plan on going there in August to have them work on my car..... 8)

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
tsopranoMB said:
Wxman said:
onyx_is said:
bk9,

why the hell would he want to when u see Toyomoto and their great IS 300's.....which we hear and see of quite often on the board...

i'm in NJ, and i've been debating which tuner to go with....i was at the PFS meet and i was VERY impressed....

but after having numerous conversations with Dan Taylor and Randy, it was just a no-brainer to go with Toyomoto, just like many others who made that sound and smart decision, and I plan on going there in August to have them work on my car..... 8)
What did you just say? Why would he want to go to PHR? Ummm, well they have the WORLD RECORD for the fastest unibody Supra. They produced 549 rwtq at 21 psi on my car. Any other reason necessary?

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
Wxman said:
tsopranoMB said:
Wxman said:
onyx_is said:
bk9,

What did you just say? Why would he want to go to PHR? Ummm, well they have the WORLD RECORD for the fastest unibody Supra. They produced 549 rwtq at 21 psi on my car. Any other reason necessary?
their Supra's speak for themselves....no doubt about it....but as for IS 300's, its a no-brainer to go to Toyomoto, and maybe if u were a better spokesman for PHR instead of being pushy on the boards, maybe more would go with them...but has that happened? ummmm, NO....

549? Toyomoto's IS 300's have produced more then that...i dont see why u have to post every 5 min ur numbers....cuz u know ur car would get smoked by dan or randy..... :lol:

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
I agree with Wxman on this one. Not to tuner bash...or even say which tuner is better than the other bullshit even...so shut your mouth Soprano!

For me, it comes down to having:

1) Reputable Tuner(which both Toyomoto and PHR are; based on their work)

2) A tuner close to home if something ever goes wrong. I think this would have to be my biggest peeve about being in AZ...there are no reputable close shops that have tuned IS's. My last shop totally fucked up my car on a simple S/C install. :pissed: Not saying anything would go wrong with your car if you had it done in house @ PFS or Toyomoto...just nice to have something close so you don't have to pay transport fees if anything does happen. ;)

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
AZTEZZA said:
I agree with Wxman on this one. Not to tuner bash...or even say which tuner is better than the other bullshit even...so shut your mouth Soprano!

For me, it comes down to having:

1) Reputable Tuner(which both Toyomoto and PHR are; based on their work)

2) A tuner close to home if something ever goes wrong. I think this would have to be my biggest peeve about being in AZ...there are no reputable close shops that have tuned IS's. My last shop totally fucked up my car on a simple S/C install. :pissed: Not saying anything would go wrong with your car if you had it done in house @ PFS or Toyomoto...just nice to have something close so you don't have to pay transport fees if anything does happen. ;)
my beef is just the fact that there are what maybe 3 PHR IS 300's around?? we never hear shit about them.....whereas we always hear good things about toyomoto built IS 300's.....coincedence? i think not...

my points are very VALID.... :chill:

·
Registered
612 Posts
STOP!!!!

Guys, we are totally jacking this thread and I certainly did not intend for that to happen...

You all have very excellent points, but to put it simply.... I chose Toyomoto for two reasons:

1) I had a long conversation with Jarred at PHR b/c that was naturally my first choice due to distance and reputation, however PHR uses the motec and at the time I made the decision Jarred had not been able to get the sort of power I wanted out of an Automatic transmission (what I have) witht he Motec... he said and he states on his website that PHR is limited to 350whp with the Auto and the Motec combo... Lance at Toyomoto has been doing Auto's since day one and has numberous customers with Auto's

2) Lance's reputation (particularly with the IS300) is hands down impecable. He's been doing these cars longer than anyone else and he's the only one in the country that has has Lexus turbos on the road for over five years (IS300 turbos for over two years). I went through ALOT when making the decision and I TRULY wanted to go to Powerhouse, but the decision came by careful consideration to WHO's BEEN DOING THIS THE LONGEST, because I want a car that's gonna be done right the first time.

Not to mention, Randy and Dan (Freelance & dt1313) were a great help with making the decision.

Also, you all have to keep in mind that MOST of the Toyomoto customers are NOT isnet members... they are older IS owners who go to Lance strictly based on his reputation and do not post HP numbers on this net or any other for that matter! So, going to Toyomoto for me was a sound decision based on his reputation and his IS300 track record with the Auto transmission.

I hope I've settled the disagreement... CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG :p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts