Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So we were toying with buying some form of older topless car, I was leaning towards an older XJS or an XK8 when thank goodness we happened across a 2010 IS 250C parked on a lot. Black and white (obsidian and alabaster?) and we were smitten. Its now in the driveway, what a beautiful car. It has a full service record at a local Lexus dealer. The paint is a bit sand blasted on the lower chin, otherwise it looks almost perfect. I'm so glad I won't have to spend my time fixing, more time driving. Its RWD, no nav which is fine with me, but I think it has the "luxury package", 18" wheels, park assist, bi-xenon lights,the fancy maple trim, yada yada yada.

I did have the rear brakes apart (I'm handy, owned several old Jags, prepared for the worst) and had to use the torch to remove the rear caliper from the lower pin on the drivers side. Cleaned them up well, a new rubber boot, fresh brake lube and good to go. (Guess the dealer missed this common issue on the last brake service!). Otherwise the pads, rotors etc all look like dealer parts.

Glad to be part of the forum. Looking forward to many trouble free years.

Dave in Ottawa.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Enjoy the car, this forum subsection is awfully quiet but I'm also very happy with my purchase so it's always nice to see an occasional post here and there. Personal opinions on styling aside you can't go wrong with these. Weather looks like it will hold out just fine for some topless cruising in Ottawa for the next little while!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts