Lexus IS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would share some pics of the IS-F that came into the dealership last night. It's freshly detailed and being delivered tomorrow morning, but at least they gave us a day to check it out.

Enjoy everyone!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Looks great, any idea how many were ordered there?

·
Registered
53 Posts
ISF Mileage

As a new owner of the ISF, I can say that after a full day of driving the car, my trip computer states I am averaging only 9mpg on my current tank of gas. That is an improvement from 7mpg on my last tank. I have to admit that I stomp on the gas at every opportunity since the sound of the second stage intake opening up at higher rpm's is intoxicating to hear. On my next tank, I am going to try and drive more conservatively and hopefully achieve double digit gas mileage :p

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
how did this car manage to avoid the gas guzzler tax?
The 8 speed transmission allowed them to get just enough mileage to avoid it

·
Registered
1 Posts
I picked mine up today and got 22 so far. Granted, it was all freeway, but I was still impressed on the first tank.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Definitely cheaper than I thought it would be equipped like it is. The sales manager told me that the guy who bought this put a 2k deposit down back in October. We have a couple more deposits, including a triple black, which is the one I can't wait to see.

The dealership put it in the delivery room for only a day, but if you were lucky enough to come in that day, you got an up close and personal look at one before buying it on "faith".

Getting an IS-F is like trying to order a LX 570, everyone wants one and Lexus isn't making nearly enough for the demand. The LS 600hL is the same deal, except we don't get a whole lot of people that can fork over 120K for one.

·
Premium Member
10,782 Posts
Tempest, let us know when more are coming in. ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just checked out a blk/blk IS F at Lexus of Seattle over the weekend. So far still up for grabs for 61Gs. The salesperson said a deposit was made for the next incoming wht IS F but no one claiming the blk. Killer looking car. Its true that it looks much better in person. They were nice enough to give it a few revs in the showroom and it really sounds awesome! Id love to trade the IS250 for it but not ready for it yet.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just checked out a blk/blk IS F at Lexus of Seattle over the weekend. So far still up for grabs for 61Gs. The salesperson said a deposit was made for the next incoming wht IS F but no one claiming the blk. Killer looking car. Its true that it looks much better in person. They were nice enough to give it a few revs in the showroom and it really sounds awesome! Id love to trade the IS250 for it but not ready for it yet.
Yeah I saw that one in the showroom from the road. I had just got my bike's break in service and was heading south on 99. I almost went off the road craning my neck at that black-black IS-F. I'm going there today to take some pics :)

Sort of off topic, we have a black-black LS600hL sitting in detail right now. OMG it's sexy. For the price of two ISF's, you too can have one, LOL.

-CL

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.