Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently began installing coilovers on my first gen IS300. The front passenger side strut went in fine, but the passenger rear did not line up right. The studs at the top didn't line up with the holes in the chassis. (Pics posted) Need help here guys. Did I install the rear coilover on the front and attempted to install the front on the rear? The tophats on both look different, one has more of a triangle looking one while the other has a circular one. Help please!

·
Registered
6 Posts
it could be a defect with the brand but also this might sound dumb to ask but did you try rotating the top hat on it? if im not mistaken its triangular but not symmetrical so it could be something that simple

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it could be a defect with the brand but also this might sound dumb to ask but did you try rotating the top hat on it? if im not mistaken its triangular but not symmetrical so it could be something that simple
I did try rotating it every which way but it wouldnt go in. Ive seen people install the same brand (JDMSpeed) on their IS just fine but mine didn't want to go in. Im thinking about buying a new set or just replacing the tophats but I dont know how that would go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts