Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally have my first drop pics taken and posted. Let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
182 Posts
looks awesome man, props!!

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the comments so far guys, I am dropped on H-Techs with stock shocks. I haven't done anything else to the suspension just yet aside from a strut tower bar.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Michael said:
Gorgeous! Will you drive that car with winter tread in the next few months?
Well, with winters being very mild and very wet around here I am probably going to stick with these tires. It doesn't do much more than rain in the winter here anymore.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
chrisCARL0S said:
Nice fogs? What kind are they?
Honestly, I don't know. I didn't see a logo on them when I installed them. I bought them off of Flatline a month ago or so. Maybe he knows.

·
Registered
170 Posts
do you have problems with scraping the bottom of the car...not the front but the middle...I pulled out of my driveway the other day with 4 people in the car and scraped the bottom when the front wheels left the driveway and got onto the road...fat heffers...

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
J.El said:
Nice but the car would look better with red calipers

not with the blue ltuned caps it wouldn't :lol:

looks nice man

Need to swap back to the OEM markers now ;) smoke em or something they stick out a little much IMO

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
HondaSchmonda said:
Red is beat to f'in death. That blue was the best color possible.
That's exactly why I went with the blue. Everyone has the damn red calipers. I like the way they match the blue ring too :)

sclawis300 said:
do you have problems with scraping the bottom of the car...not the front but the middle...I pulled out of my driveway the other day with 4 people in the car and scraped the bottom when the front wheels left the driveway and got onto the road...fat heffers...
I don't have trouble with anything scraping aside from the very end of my muffler going up my driveway, it's about a 40 degree incline. :(

IMPRIMIS said:
Need to swap back to the OEM markers now ;) smoke em or something they stick out a little much IMO
I have thought about going back to the OEM markers but I haven't decided yet. It's easy enough to change them, maybe I should experiment this weekend.

Thanks to everyone for the comments so far. :) :)

·
Registered
839 Posts
It's pix like these that make me wanna keep my L-tuned wheels :approve:

·
Registered
236 Posts
are we entitled to opinions in this thread???

markers need to go back to OE. the cleared brake light is akward and sticks out too much. how about gold instead of blue, esp on a black car. i guess one last thing, black out the chrome trim around the grille...

other than that, car looks good.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
pay-me-now said:
are we entitled to opinions in this thread???

markers need to go back to OE. the cleared brake light is akward and sticks out too much. how about gold instead of blue, esp on a black car. i guess one last thing, black out the chrome trim around the grille...

other than that, car looks good.
I gave alot of thought to other colors but I had to go with blue so that it could match up with the rim rings. The other reason was that I didn't want to be like everyone else, not that gold is common. It was actually down to silver, gold and blue for caliper colors.

MSM5speed said:
Car looks good but I'm not diggin the blue calipers. Only bbk's should be that bright.
I think that the rim color contributes to the blue standing out as much as it does. I am prolly going to do the x-drilled rotors at some point as well but I can't afford a bbk. This is the poor man's first step at looking like a bbk. :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts