Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally, I have spent more than an half hour with new IS300, one word: Great!

The car performed very well, even when I bring the speed up to 95 MPH on freeway and through the traffic. It feels totally different with all of the other Lexus cars. Its sporty, fast, and give very good road feed back. E-shift is better than the one in GS400, it not feel any delay that you would experienced with GS400. It is especially useful during passing and lane merge with other traffic.

Interior is good, Black is the only color I feel will work with this car. Audio system is very good. Other controllers are typical from Japenes made cars. Driver seats is excellent, hold you in place all the time. With all the funs while you driving, I don't think it matters if there is a NAV system. The only thing I wish Lexus would have on this car is auto dimmer rearview mirror.

I have not made my final if I am going to get car this year. For what I heard from Dealer, the next model year will most likely offer more options like auto dimmer mirrors, memory seats, manual trany, and/or NAV. This is just maketing issue, for now, Lexus just want bring the car in low price point to gain enough maket share. It just like when they start US maket with LS400 in late 80's.

For those of you shopping now, you might want contact Metro Lexus in Cleveland area, they deals IS300 under MSRP and offer great service (even with delivery to other area). Make sure you ask Dave Trescott (216-916-6000), you are welcome to use my name (howard). BTW, I am not in any relationship with either Lexus or/and Lexus Dealers, I am just a very happy customer with Metro Lexus since 1993.

[This message has been edited by hzhao (edited June 14, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by hzhao (edited June 15, 2000).]

·
Registered
12 Posts
hzhao,

I also took a test drive at Metro Lexus yesterday, I was very impressed. Where you qouted any lease rates? I am dealing with David Glasser (put a deposit down in Feb.) who is on vacation and have yet to discuss pricing. I was told by the sales manager that my car hit the port on June 8th and should be ready for pick up in 10-14 days. any info would be helpfull. Thanks.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi you two, have you tried the rear leg room after finding a comfortable driving position? I'm curious about how cramp/tight the rear seats really are...

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I just set the seat to my liking (6' tall) and found that my knees were really hitting the seat back when I went to the back seats.

Since I just plan to have little kids back there, I don't care, but I think full size adults will find the back seat legroom pretty pathetic.

[This message has been edited by TEG (edited June 14, 2000).]

·
Registered
12 Posts
I agree with Teg. I am also 6'. When the driver seat was set to my preference I tried out the back seats. I thought it was very cramped. My knees were hitting the seat and my feet were very tight on the floor. Plenty of room for kids, but adults will need some help from the front seat driver and passenger for more comfort.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I got to test drive a blue IS today.I can't tell you guys and girls anymore than it sweeeeeeet.Mine is Silver on black is coming in the 19...can't hardly wait...

good luck with IS peolpe.
Sleep.IS

·
Registered
994 Posts
Kids ? Damn it. I'm 5'8"-5'9", and there's ample room in that car in front and back. Isn't the average height for guys around there ?

Anyways, don't you mean black on silver Sleep.IS ?

--k

·
Registered
168 Posts
theres really good room up front..im 5-11 and I barely fit in the back. Anybody else gonna want to put a sub in the trunk? cuz the bulge and the freakin ski pass thru takes up way too much space, i dont know how i'll fit a 12" in there with any space at all

·
Registered
57 Posts
I guess this being a Japanes car and listed under subcompact, it's really design with the average Asian height in mind (5'5"~5'10"). It's not possible for 4 adult (all 5'10") to sit comfortably for a 4 hours drive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Vic:

I known both Dave very well. Since I have not made my mind yet, we did not discuss too much of detail as far as the lease rate. Besides, I usually do purchase. In general, I have not heard any special leasing program on this car.

S Flavor:

Rear seats are not bad at all, in fact, I feel it is better than in BMW 3. I am 5'7", average size.

[This message has been edited by hzhao (edited June 15, 2000).]

·
Registered
202 Posts
Thanks for the tip Howard. I'm ordering car in the next few days from Dave at the Cleveland dealershop.

------------------
Dan
98 R #1054 (not for much longer)
Godspeed Inc.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts