Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I am planing on buying my IS next week and I need to know if the 1000 and 5000 mile check ups are required or if you recomend them. The reason for this is that I plan to purchase the intake/ecu upgrade. Should I wait on the intake till a certain mileage or is it fine to put it on after 1000 miles. Also how will the dealer react if they do notice the intake at a maintenance check up?
Thanks for your help!

[This message has been edited by VVTIS (edited January 23, 2001).]

·
Registered
20,481 Posts
I'm installing mine after 5000 mile service. After that, I'm planning on taking mine to a different dealer for regular maintenance checkups, and if a warranty problem comes up, I'll take the intake out and bring it to my original dealer.
By the way, I think that sale for SRT ends soon so I would buy it and hold on to it.

[This message has been edited by PMD911 (edited January 23, 2001).]

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
1000 checkup is when they just check you fluid levels, replace any parts that they know is a manufactureres defect (undercarriage shield) its basically just to make sure everything is working right.

5000 is when they change oil and is more detailed.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info, Guess I will be buying the intake pretty soon then.

·
Registered
57 Posts
PMD111,

Doesn't Lexus keep a maintenance database on all service appts? I'm not sure if thats Lexus-wide or something just my local dealer provides... Just wanted to give u the heads up.

Train

·
Registered
20,481 Posts
Not sure but I doubt they'll put down that I have an aftermarket intake. Or maybe they will.....

Originally posted by A-Train:
PMD111,

Doesn't Lexus keep a maintenance database on all service appts? I'm not sure if thats Lexus-wide or something just my local dealer provides... Just wanted to give u the heads up.

Train

1 - 6 of 6 Posts