Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to a firestone shop today to get an alignment and i bought there LIFETIME alignment service. cost was $110 and now i can get an alignment anytime for free. check it out! not sure if any other shops have offers like this but it seems well worth it to me since one alignment can run you from $50 to $90.

chris

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
i bought that service for my first IS, ended up with only two alignments before i traded it in. :lol: i got it again for my current IS, had to pay extra for the aftermarket rims, it was probably around 150-170. But its still worth it for me. I've done atleast 2-3 alignments already, so I got my money's worth. Hmm, haven't done an alignment for the past 7k or so miles :whine: gonna go get alignment check soon :D

·
Registered
888 Posts
I have like 14,700 miles on my car. I've curbed the hell outta my rims and I still haven't gotten a single alignment yet. Maybe it's time to go to my local firestone.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BigDaddyRich said:
Are there any disclaimers that may void the contract? like altering ur wheels or tires or suspension etc?
i'm not really sure to be honest. i brought my car in for an alignment because i replaced my sways and they didn't care. depending on what you have done they may not even be able to tell. and when i think about it, the guy even recommended the lifetime deal to me because i told him that i was going to replace my springs in a few months and so i would need another alignment. wouldn't hurt to stop by or call and ask if you want some details.

let me know what they say if you ask. thanks!

chris

·
Registered
39 Posts
Is this for all Firestone locations..?...Hmmmm.....I guess I'm going to my local Firestone today....Alignment every month... :D

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yup! the guy said any location. you just need your original receipt for the purchase of the lifetime alignment. so just throw that baby in the glove box and you are set!

·
3,160 Posts
BigDaddyRich said:
Are there any disclaimers that may void the contract? like altering ur wheels or tires or suspension etc?
I know most won't offer it if you do alter the suspension but how would they know if you did.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
i paid 90bucks for 3month allignment at sears
:pissed:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
BigDaddyRich said:
I don't think they care about suspension, but if you change your rims [size wise] they will have to charge you extra. and sometimes older machines can't handle more than 17" rims. just something to ask the guy before you pay for the lifetime alignment.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
a friend of mine works at firestone...........

he said if they notice the suspension is height adjustable...it depends on the manager on duty...
he says they usually notice coilovers since there's honda-guys working there, but once again it matters with the manager

be careful with your rims....they might mention something to you about it being diffucult to work with and then avoid trying to pay for any damages....

overalll it's a good buy....especially with my NON-HEIGHT adjustable spring and shock combo

·
Registered
815 Posts
I've had my alignment done 4 times this year at Firestone. 3 times were for height adjustment and once for new rims. During one visit they let me adjust the height at there shop after they told me that I slammed it to much and couldn't get it close to factory spec.

Never charged me extra probably bcuz I tipped the guy $20 each time.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
lexowner said:
Never charged me extra probably bcuz I tipped the guy $20 each time.
know you guys know what to do......LOL :lol:

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
The Firestone shop near my house would not touch my car because it was lowered. They said their computer would not be able to comprehend and correct my car because the specs listed in their database are for a stock car ride height. True or not...that was enough for me to walk quickly out the door.

Here is what you get from a Sears type of place...

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
that's exactly what the avs's on my rear axle look like right now.....i mounted them towards the end of summer :eek:

mark, where do you get your car alligned? curry's? and how much?

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Yes, at Curry's. About $90.

I'll be taking my car to Ultimate Perfromance for the next alignment.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
redline814 said:
Yes, at Curry's. About $90.

I'll be taking my car to Ultimate Perfromance for the next alignment.
that's reasonable. thanks.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
hmmm Interesting..cause i just called firestone and they told me it doesn't matter if i get new rims or not..all that matters is the i have the same car..

sorri,i know this is an old ass post :)

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
From http://www.mastercare-usa.com/mastercare_services/steering_main.jsp
MasterCare® Premium Alignment
In addition to the MasterCare® Plus Alignment service, we:
Provide a Lifetime Warranty on the alignment
This entitles you to the necessary adjustments to set alignment angles to manufacturer's specifications at no charge every 5,000 miles or whenever needed. This Lifetime Warranty only applies to you the original purchaser and the original vehicle identified on the customer invoice for as long as you own the vehicle.
Provide a Lifetime Warranty on the wheel balance
This entitles you to wheel balance service at no charge every 5,000 miles or whenever needed. This Lifetime Warranty only applies to you the original purchaser and the original tires identified on the customer invoice for as long as you own the tires.
It doesn't mention anything about guarantee gettin voided with new set of rims..it just says it only applies to the original owner and the car.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts