Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm finnaly gettin an Is. Its an '02 MSM with 28k on it. Were buying it from a Lexus Dealer cause my dad knows a guy there. Original price is 26k and were getting it for 22K. My dad likes the deal so were goin to get it monday or tuesday. I also am interested in getting tint within the next few weeks. What % do u think looks the best on MSM???

·
Registered
23,822 Posts
I have 24% in the front, 20% in the back. A cop assured me of it and tried to give me a ticket for it, then I told him it was stock and he got pissed, but gave me a warning.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No not out the door, no navi. But the car being certified and low miles is important.

I live in Missouri and the law is 35% on the front, but i dont think ill go that light. Im also not going to get two diffent %s. I just think that silver is one of the only colors that doesn't look good with extremely dark tint. Do they make 10%???

·
Registered
661 Posts
QxJoe7 said:
No not out the door, no navi. But the car being certified and low miles is important.

I live in Missouri and the law is 35% on the front, but i dont think ill go that light. Im also not going to get two diffent %s. I just think that silver is one of the only colors that doesn't look good with extremely dark tint. Do they make 10%???

I think you should be able to bring the price down a little more, I purchased my 2003 MSM w. 21k miles for $23.8k out the door 6 months ago.

And I think my MSM (silver) looks great with dark tints! But to each his own.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When i say extemely dark tint i mean 5% so im looking for somethin a little lighter no more than 25 prolly. MY friend has around 10 or so and you can atleast see the figure of his upper body through the side window, thats about what i want.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Wisky, but it seems that retail for them in my area is higher for some reason. Ive been looking for about a year and this is by far the best deal yet. BTW how much is your drop??

·
It's 5 o'clock somewhere.
6,017 Posts
I have 35% smoke color all around. I have a GAM, but its close enough to MSM. I love the way it look and dont think anything darker would look good...pics in my homepage.

·
Registered
661 Posts
My tint is 5% I think, I purchased the car from a Nissan dealer who said a police officer owned the car before me; which is why he could get away with such dark tint.

My drop is Tein Htech springs which drop the car about 1.3 inches all around.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
30-35%

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
Another fan of 35% :) check out yout local tint shop, they will be able to show you the different shade and % of tints.

·
It's 5 o'clock somewhere.
6,017 Posts
Wisky said:
My tint is 5% I think, I purchased the car from a Nissan dealer who said a police officer owned the car before me; which is why he could get away with such dark tint.

My drop is Tein Htech springs which drop the car about 1.3 inches all around.
5% is fockin dark man! I put 5% on a friends car and you could hardly see out of the windows in the dark!

·
Registered
387 Posts
20% is what i have on my car.. dark but i like it

1 - 18 of 18 Posts