Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished replacing the timing belt on my new motor. I followed the steps on mkIV.com to replace it and I wanted to make sure I didnt miss anything. Please let me know if I have everything right before I put the crank pulley and housings for the belt back on.

If anyone need any more angles let me know. Ill go snap another pic.

The marks on the gears line up with the marks on the motor at eye level, you know the __^____^__ on the top of metal piece. Just in case anyone was wondering.

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
It looks right to me. Did you replace the tensioner and pulley?

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes.

Tensioner, water pump, thermostat, timing belt, idler pulley and a few other things.

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
kool, but it looks right to me. Maybe someone else can confirm my confirmation lolz.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I think the intake cam gear might be one tooth off to the right. Remember the intake cam gear has to turn 30 degrees from left to right freely w/o turning the actual cam..

·
Premium Member
23,314 Posts
post a dead on pic of each cam gear not a centered pic of both.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok man , ill see if I can snap a pic of it dead on when I get home today.

thanks again for everyone's input.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I rotated the the whole assemble about 3 or four times and they lined up perfectly each rotation. (cranked the crankshaft pulley to simulate engine rpm) Right back where they are now in the pictures. HOpe the pics help.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry for the messy garage, I am in the middle of the build and its part everywhere.

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
Sorry for the messy garage, I am in the middle of the build and its part everywhere.
Lol, you want to talk about messy build space come and take a lot at my basement. I have nuts and bolts everywhere for the past 1 1/2 years.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
You should go with a non VVTi head and sell me your spark plug cover and cam covers ;)

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You should go with a non VVTi head and sell me your spark plug cover and cam covers ;)
ha ha, not after my girl just fixed the huge cracks in mine! You should have seen it.

Back on topic! Is it set right?

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
I'll give you mine if you can fab. me TB side intercooler piping for the IS3 chasis! :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts