Lexus IS Forum banner
61 - 74 of 74 Posts
Discussion starter · #61 ·
Good work! Great to actually see someone follow thru with an idea like this.
Thanks.

Oh I started to use Instagram too.
@Drutort To follow this project #is300DBWtoDBC

Val the reason why i wanted to see a driving video was because i wanted to see how this new improved responsiveness in acceleration or throttle response whatever you wanna call it, would act on a 'rolling' 3300 pound body, rather than a free revving engine.

That being said good stuff and thanks for the video, i also think it was a great idea for you to get your project on IG as its become such great way of networking and sharing stuff, i would suggest you share in on FB as well because although i dont have FB i always hear people talking about is300 groups on FB.

Back on topic, how many miles have you put on this thing? and what are your thoughts so far in terms of results and actual production?

Discussion starter · #64 ·
Val the reason why i wanted to see a driving video was because i wanted to see how this new improved responsiveness in acceleration or throttle response whatever you wanna call it, would act on a 'rolling' 3300 pound body, rather than a free revving engine.

That being said good stuff and thanks for the video, i also think it was a great idea for you to get your project on IG as its become such great way of networking and sharing stuff, i would suggest you share in on FB as well because although i dont have FB i always hear people talking about is300 groups on FB.

Back on topic, how many miles have you put on this thing? and what are your thoughts so far in terms of results and actual production?
I only noticed slightly smoother throttle and less jerky idle , my guess is because there is now a cable to smooth out the servo motors at times when its twitchy. As far as accel I have not messed with things to notice any major diff , this is because I have stock OEM tb at the moment acting as a regular DBC tb, now with this kit u can physically change the throttle opening, u can even set a min fixed opening for the tb, yet keep the tps with in limits, u can with a stand alone or piggy mess with more tb stuff and while at it, its possible to put a different cam on the DBC tb side to change the acceleration or opening of the tb, provided u do the Afr etc...

This is ATM theoretical but do able IMO.

I put about 3 gas refills or probably around 650 to 700 miles

I have talked with few on here, as far as advise and production through vendor and my own options, right now I'm trying to put some miles and iron out anything that might rise up, run by few places to get idea on expenses. Solidify vendor/sale stuff. I don't have any time frame, just depends on my free time.

Hope this answers a few things

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Discussion starter · #65 ·
Discussion starter · #66 · (Edited)
YouTube Video showing cruise control working like OEM

I went and posted a driving video showing cruise control working like oem :)

YouTube Drive showing cruise control working perfectly fine

yes i have seen it :)

i am a mechanical/mfg eng, im not an ee, so some of the info they might have pertaining to electrical is above my head, i know how to trouble shoot stuff and solder as far as electrical goes ;)

i have a much bigger project that will be revealed when its done and tested, its a grand project thats all i will say ;) though related to this in a way :)
i want one how much will they cost?!?!?!?!?!

Discussion starter · #68 ·
i want one how much will they cost?!?!?!?!?!
a simple google search ;)will answer all your questions, im sorry that I am not able to post here due to forum rules, as it has been mentioned before heh

such great way of networking and sharing stuff, i would suggest you share in on FB as well because although i dont have FB i always hear people talking about is300 groups on FB.

Lol, Facebook is the devil. I've heard great things too. Then seen the aftermath. I'll stick to forums!

Discussion starter · #72 · (Edited)
throttle cable from GS/LS 400 VVT-i 98-00

Just a small share of discovery, that is that the OEM GS/LS 400 VVT-i 98-00 (not 100% on the years) throttle cable works as a perfect direct bolt on for this, its more then long enough, and the quality of OEM throttle cable vs the aftermarket (some random toyota vehicle fit) is noticeable and there is a lot of room for the bend which what is needed for a U

This tip was given to me by someone who needed this setup for a customer of theirs, they went and searched and it seems that OEM is the best way to go, and I agree

Here is a pic of it installed on a turbo auto is300 (rebuilt auto, and now I think lots of work on the engine as well) they had a lot of work put into the car and ironically had gotten stuck on the TB issue when throwing a large aftermarket TB, and of course the DBW to DBC was the solution heh, the car is setup with FFIM and a ebay large TB

sadly they only provided me with 1 in process pic thus far of the car :erm:
other pic shows stock throttle cable vs the GS/LS 400 vvt-i

Attachments

Discussion starter · #73 · (Edited)
DBW to DBC on auto IS300 dyno pull over 500 rwhp!

BTW check out this video of this crazy auto IS300 which has to be the Worlds first IS300 VVT-i AUTO with aftermarket throttle body and FFIM setup that is running with standalone along with factory ECU, pulled off over 500whp! heh

of course the boost was baken back down to reasonable 300ish not to blow up the auto trans

RaceLAB.net

Discussion starter · #74 ·
FYI after nearly 2 years and still same electronics and all is still running good (this is on my DD) :grin:

61 - 74 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.