Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, just finished doing a few small mods Ive been planning. I got in my altezza grille with "L" emblem, finished the halos a few weeks ago and just today wired up my fogs per the article on the forum. I Love the way my lights look now. I live in Chicago and see a lot of IS300's but I just finished making mine stand out from the rest.
What do you guys think?

Here's a pic with low beams, halos and fogs on
View attachment 15332
View attachment 15333

Here's a pic with just the halos and fogs...
View attachment 15331
This is my favorite look

I'll try and post some more pics of the lights on during the day too.

Here are some pics with DRL full power mod as well:
View attachment 15336
View attachment 15337

And just as I started putting on my car cover this happened:

SNOW!
View attachment 15338

Luckily I got it on just in time to not waste the wash I got today

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
looks nice, and +rep

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
looks good how many kelvins are those halos and hids?
The HID's are stock and the halo's are 7k. They look more blue in the pic than they really are. I'll put some pics up today of them on during the day to compare

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
added 3 new pics to 1st post

·
Registered
599 Posts
how did you put the L on the altezza grill? did you have to put holes on the emblem and zip tie it? thanks.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
how did you put the L on the altezza grill? did you have to put holes on the emblem and zip tie it? thanks.
Yes, thats exactly what I did but with wire. But I'm debating whether to cut the prongs off to be able to center it better. If you look closely its not quite centered from top to bottom, it sits a little high. Its where the prongs fit to get a flush fit.
I don't think I'll be putting the Altezza emblem back on so I guess I might as well.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Looks good, you should unplug the DRL's though so you're parking lights on will become a switch for the halos! It's what I have and love the look of just the halos with no DRL.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks good, you should unplug the DRL's though so you're parking lights on will become a switch for the halos! It's what I have and love the look of just the halos with no DRL.
The halos are connected to the front parking lights and I originally had the DRL's unplugged but after reading about the full power DRL mod I decided to try it and am very happy with how it looks.
I may try to put in a switch for the DRL's to have complete control.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts