1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by chromaplast:
wow.. its expensive though
but hey, I'll try it out
worth every penny...just did my cl, and it looks great.

supposed to last a long time too...perfect for winter.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
hey, 1 question
did you get finish prep? I already have the maguair cleaner, and polish so I'll use that instead. before I apply finish first.
what's your suggestion?

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by chromaplast:
hey, 1 question
did you get finish prep? I already have the maguair cleaner, and polish so I'll use that instead. before I apply finish first.
what's your suggestion?
i didn't get it. i just used some DAWN liquid detergent (strips off old wax), towel dried, and applied the FF.

make sure your towels are perfectly clean, both for application and removel. the stuff comes off pretty easily.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Have you ever tried Zaino's polishes guys? Out of everything I've tried they're about the best. Here's a picture of my LS400 after it was Zaino'ed.

The picture really doesn't do it justice.

------------------
Stephen Withrow
[email protected]

98 Lexus LS400
97 Ford Explorer Limited

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
looks great!
I need something tough though. Since I'll be parking on the street and it snows a lot here
I'll be using car cover, so hopefully that'll help

·
Registered
258 Posts
I've had great results with Zaino, and its not all that expensive. Go to www.zainobros.com and look. Water beads up well and dust blows off the finish as soon as you get up to speed. I find myself getting the car washed after a week of heavy driving and having people at the car wash comment that my car is already clean! Bugs no longer stick to the finish, they come right off. I have STP Vision Blade on the windows too, and trust me, its like driving a clean car all the time without the work involved.

------------------
Stephen Withrow
[email protected]

98 Lexus LS400
97 Ford Explorer Limited

[This message has been edited by Stephen (edited October 15, 2000).]

·
Registered
258 Posts
Nope, its one of those polymer deals. It sounds like complete BS when you read about it, but trust me Sal is being humble when he describes how great the product really is.

First you wash with Dawn, then you clay the surface.

Then you apply the Z1 Polish Lock, and then the first coat of Z2 right on top of it. Let the Z2 sit overnight, then just go nuts with as many coats as you want. Its great stuff, my car has three coats in that picture I posted, notice how well it shined up the wheels also.

------------------
Stephen Withrow
[email protected]

98 Lexus LS400
97 Ford Explorer Limited

·
Registered
626 Posts
I just bought some Maquires liquid Gold wax. Was that dumb. One step, no other bull. I was told it was the best and easy to work with. States new formula for clear coats.

Whaz up?

·
Registered
258 Posts
If you're using traditional waxes and polishes one step products dont work. You need to clean, polish and then protect. A polish wont clean or protect, and a wax wont clean or polish etc.

------------------
Stephen Withrow
[email protected]

98 Lexus LS400
97 Ford Explorer Limited

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Originally posted by NeMesIS:
Stephen is definitely right guys

i have detailed cars for 5 years....
I've used Klasse All In One Cleaner/Protectant...the stuff sure seems like it works. Cleans out the dirt still in the paint and the water beads up and is nice and shiny. Should I switch?

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by Stephen:
Nope, its one of those polymer deals. It sounds like complete BS when you read about it, but trust me Sal is being humble when he describes how great the product really is.

First you wash with Dawn, then you clay the surface.

Then you apply the Z1 Polish Lock, and then the first coat of Z2 right on top of it. Let the Z2 sit overnight, then just go nuts with as many coats as you want. Its great stuff, my car has three coats in that picture I posted, notice how well it shined up the wheels also.

i hear it's good stuff, but jeesoous...talk about a lot of work. dawn, clay, z1, z2 overnight...ugh. finish first gave me an *incredible* shine that a towel will literally slide off of. just seems easier with equivalent results.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
jeeeeezzz
I love how Stephen's car look.. but, Geoff seems pretty convincing too..

1 question for both of u geoff/stephen

how long does your .. what ever it is .. last before you have to put it on again?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
About this Discussion
63 Replies
19 Participants
chromaplast
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing