Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many finger gap should there be on a stock is300 after a 1 inch drop? STtock i believe is 4 fingers all around.

·
Registered
444 Posts
taking a look at my hand, 1" = about 2 fingers. :wink:

it's hard to get an exact 1" drop tho so take it all with a grain of salt. a lot depends on what shocks you go with too. trust me!

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
It varies depending on the year, mileage, and transmission of your car.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Tha Reaper said:
ÜberPhLuBB said:
i hope that was sarcasm
theres some truth to that... 01's are lower than the rest.. manual's are supposed to have firmer springs or someting like that.. i dont know the details..

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Tha Reaper said:
ÜberPhLuBB said:
i hope that was sarcasm
No, it wasn't sarcasm. I would lash out at you for attacking what I said, but I do the same thing. Live and learn. =P

peterc pretty much got it. 2001's were about 3/4" lower than 2002's, and 2002 manuals are between 1/2" and 1" higher than automatics. In addition, the more miles you put on springs, the saggier they get. So 2001's wit lots of miles could be as low or lower than a brand new IS lowered 1-2".

All these factors are also why some people get more or less of a drop when they change springs.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
2 finger gap...i want 1 finger......:), what? you gonna lower it again...I though you got busted by your dad?

Matt :D

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
yeah i didn't believe the manuals were higher, untill my friends auto was parked next to mine. his is one finger lower all around!!!!!!

·
Banned
4,334 Posts
are you sure its 4 fingers stock? My parents 4Runner only has a 4 finger gap, so that would mean IS has as much wheel well gap as a 4x4 :eek: !
I personally cant tell you myself b/c the dealer installed our HKS Hipermax II Coilovers, almost rubbing

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Scroll up and read what I said. Don't skim.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Canadian IS300s sit about 3/4" higher than the American versions (different springs). I had about a 4 finger gap with a little play. I lowered the vehicle with L-tuned springs which would give me identical ride height as an American L-tuned (same springs). Resulted in a very snug 2 finger gap. Then for some very strange and odd reason, after I installed the TRD yellow sways, the gap increased to a loose 2 fingers with some play.

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
My car had I think 4 fingers with the same wheels before putting on my eibachs sways and springs. Now its at 2 fingers all around on level pavement.
Remember some people have worn down tires and some have brand new ones. That makes a big difference in look and gap. I remember my Ltuned wheels and tires were slightly bigger than my stock wheels and tires. My stock wheels and tires haven't changed in a year since they been sitting in a room in my house. My ltuned tires are now about the same diameter. My gap looks bigger now. Probably was a snug 2 fingers before when the tires were brand spankin new.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
i just got new springs on my car. Its a tight 3 finger gap right now but they havent settled yet..idk how long it takes them to settle.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts