Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got mine on thursday! FINALLY... I LUV THE DAMN THING! I've been out driving it every chance I get. 200 miles so far. (Silver/blk). I traded in my maxima for this and I would never regret it! NEVER. I like the attention to. You guys weren't lying. Everyone wants to race me, why? im not racing anyone. Right now im the talk off the town. I hope its there when I wake up. Its smooth, quiet, fun and better then a maxima. I want to throw it around but im in the break in period, even though I slipped a couple of times. (90mph and a chirp or two) Lastnight I went to a club, there were nothing but 500's 400's clk's jag's you name it was there. I was looking at them and their cars and they were looking at me and mine. I heard somoene say what the [email protected]#$ is that? And a hater sayig there's that cheap lexus! 39-40k$ cheap? yeah ok! Just this car have factory tint? The windows are dark at night, hard to see in it. Stereo is Good. Powerful and no distortion in the speakers when its turned up. IM GOING TO DRIVE! AND TAKE PICS!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Just tell those IS haters to get a life....Their cars are the best on the road!!! Yeah!! That's it!

·
Registered
95 Posts
How long after you got your Vin # did you get the car?

I got the Vin number last Monday and it was supposed to arrive today or 20th. But I have bad feeling that I won't have it tomorrow.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Well, the thing is when I asked my dealer guy whether or not I will get mine on 20th the latest, he said I will get it for sure. That was last Monday. When I asked him the same question last night, he couldn't give me a definite reason. That's why it's giving me a bad feeling. I don't know what happened to my Silver IS.
Since I have the Vin number they couldn't possible try to jack me. Can they?

Sean

·
Registered
343 Posts
not to make you lose sleep or anything.. but I, personally, don't trust any car dealer.. no matter what make.. my friend went to go buy an Audi A4 but he wanted to test drive one.. the only one on the lot was one that was sold.. he told us that three times.. when we went to go look at it, it even had the sold tag on the dash.. I guess as he realized my friend was serious about buying one, he told us he'd "sneak it out" and take us for a spin.. the guy was a mad man.. if he didn't tell me his name was Travis, I would've thought he was Michael Schumacher with the way he drove the car.. when my friend hopped in, he was slamming gears at redline and tearing through corners.. the next day when me friend went to go drop off a deposit, the car was still on the lot, only the sold sign was gone.. I dunno what happened.. but the scrub marks on the sidewall of the tires was probably a dead give away..

I suppose you do have the VIN though.. although if they said they made a mistake with your VIN, what could you say, ya know ?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Gee, Thanks!
Yeah, I guess they could just say "Oops! we gave you a wrong VIN #. Your car is coming in 3 weeks, maybe"

Man, I hate uncertainty.

That's why I went to test drive Acura CL-S.

Pros:
-Good acceleration
-Better interior-nicer leather, nav system, seat memory, auto dimming mirror, bigger rooms, bigger trunk.
-Cheaper

Cons:
-heavier (Feels bulky and slow)
-handling not as good as IS 300. (slammed on the gas and took a turn. Started to squeel, lost the control for a split second.
-FWD
-noisier ride.
-general accord looking exterior
-hate the gray wood trim that comes with black leather.

My girlfriend thought IS 300 had better handling too.

I was skeptical about CL-S before test driving it (since I was little spoiled by IS 300's handling), I wasn't totalled wow'ed when I was done. A lot of squeaking when turning fast. Didn't feel attached to the road as I did on IS 300.

Sean

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I put down my deposit about 4 months ago. There was a long list for Silver. I passed up a july 4th order (dumb dumb). I got my vin-number maybe 2 weeks before the date he told me. Trust me they know when your car is coming in or when it should be arriving. My dealer showed me the delivery board for all the cars coming in. Actually my car was here a week before the date and was just sitting at the holding lot. I had to go tell the dealer and I finally picked it up a week after the date. Im 5'8'' and the car fits me good or I fit in it good. Im new to rear wheel drive so im kinda scared of the car. The throttle is different everytime I step on the gas. Sometimes its sluggish and sometimes it throws be back in my seat. Last night I was making a U-turn and I hit the gas coming out of the turn and the car spun out. All I saw were the cars that I was just next to. Everyone had their mouths wide open. I was scared out my mind. hahah I just smiled and made it seem like I meant to do it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
Sweetzzzz
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing