1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is an preview

solar yellow is master's Is300
millenium silver is mines!!!

feel free to look at master's S-AFC and some other APEXi gadgets..

Pictures by El Chino

[ May 10, 2001: Message edited by: El Chino ]

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Lexus Luthor:
Nice cars!! Lose the bra though. The 80's are over. hehe. Just my 0.02 worth.
thanks!! more pics to come by the time that i get more mods.. and finish my system.. well the bra was just to protect my hood from those rocky californian freeways/highways.. specially 101.. My hood is full of rock chips..

but oh well.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Originally posted by El Chino:
where? how? xPEL?

anybody knows a XPEL installer/dealer for the bayarea??!
If you just wanted to protect that area, you could probably do the Xpel installation yourself, assuming you don't have anyone nearby to install it.

If I had to do it again after watching mine being installed, it would probably take longer, but it wouldn't be impossible.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
El Chino,
where do you and master live at in SJ, I am on southside & senter by monterey road, maybe you can post some pics of my ride. By the way your cousins 3series I have one set of breyton rims left 17x8.5 and 17x9.5 with tires, cheap.
Mike
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
EL CHINO
www.xpel.com

i think
then type in ur area code and there is a place in Campbell ca!! really close!

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by IS300_3.2CLTypeS:
El Chino,
where do you and master live at in SJ, I am on southside & senter by monterey road, maybe you can post some pics of my ride. By the way your cousins 3series I have one set of breyton rims left 17x8.5 and 17x9.5 with tires, cheap.
Mike
[email protected]
hey Mike.. Let's meet up one day then..

Master lives by mclaughin and capitol..

I live by aborn and white rd..

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
The bra is used for paint protection I have one also it's not a fashion statement the clear bra blooowwwwss thats my 02's worth

·
Registered
83 Posts
where? how? xPEL?

anybody knows a XPEL installer/dealer for the bayarea??!

From www.clearbra.com:

Full Effect Custom Car & Trk Acces.
Contact - Brian Pierce
3199 Plummers Dr. #2
Chico, CA 95973
530-343-3636

El Coqui Tint, Stereo & Alarm
Contact - Angel Santana
520 Parker Rd.
Fairfield, CA 94535
707-437-1452

Detailwerks
Contact - John Orion
1111 Dell Avenue #2
Campbell, CA 95008
408-378-6600

cheers,
-Alt

·
Registered
19 Posts
hey Mike.. Let's meet up one day then..

Master lives by mclaughin and capitol..

I live by aborn and white rd..

[email protected]
El Chino,
Thanks for the pictures.
I also like to see your HKS C/O setup. I'm thinking of buying them. How much and where did you get em. I also live south side at Branham Ln and Monterey Rd. Let me know when Mike meeting u so I'll swing by the same time.

Dave

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
El Chino & Master,
You guys rock! Awesome pictures, so I gotta say thank you. Pictures show the differences between a lowered IS and a stock IS very nicely.

Only one thing! What the hell is that picture with the IS partly up the driveway to make it seem lower?! C'mon, that seems kinda cheesy. The silver IS already looks sik lowered the way it is. You really don't have to take a cheesy picture like that. Now, if you were doing it just for kicks, then thats okay, but doing it to make it look lower ...man, that's sad.

BTW, do you have the rattling noise problem with your HKS coilovers like the Teins do? Which is cheaper, your HKS coilovers or the Tein HA coilovers and by how much?

Thanks,
IS300_white

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by is300_white:
El Chino & Master,
You guys rock! Awesome pictures, so I gotta say thank you. Pictures show the differences between a lowered IS and a stock IS very nicely.

Only one thing! What the hell is that picture with the IS partly up the driveway to make it seem lower?! C'mon, that seems kinda cheesy. The silver IS already looks sik lowered the way it is. You really don't have to take a cheesy picture like that. Now, if you were doing it just for kicks, then thats okay, but doing it to make it look lower ...man, that's sad.

BTW, do you have the rattling noise problem with your HKS coilovers like the Teins do? Which is cheaper, your HKS coilovers or the Tein HA coilovers and by how much?

Thanks,
IS300_white

apparently the Tein HA are cheapers.. HKS doesn't have the rattle problem (till now and hope not!
) well the picture of the driveway was a good catch.. because we were trying to make a little .avi file of the car in movement but the camera was running out of space (4mb memory stick) so we left the car in the driveway halfway in and we saw that i looks cute then we took that shot right there. not to make it look lower or anything. but lowered will definitely start scrapping or can even pass through speed bumps.

now i am waiting for my volk racing se37A gunmetal finish 18x8 and 18x8.5

more pics to come! btw, the Bmw 3series is my cousins R&D mule for Dinan. He works there and all I can say it's supercharged and I can't take pics of the engine bay because it's on R&D .. but It's FAST!!! I want a supercharger!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
wow, dropping the car does look much better. but it's just seem pricey for such a small change, since i'd need to change suspension and everything for aftermarket coils right?

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by GKL68:
wow, dropping the car does look much better. but it's just seem pricey for such a small change, since i'd need to change suspension and everything for aftermarket coils right?

like many other members you can drop your car by swapping out the springs. , swapping springs and shocks or getting coilovers.

it all depends on how much you want to spend!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts