Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's 12:31 a.m. (CST) and I'm picking up my new IS later this morning. Sales guy said to stop by anytime after 9 a.m. and they'll have it all ready for me. I kept calling the dealership last night at work to see how the detailing was coming along! heh heh...

I can't sleep!!
Graphite Gray/Black Leather/Escaine interior. I'll post a personal review when I've driven it to and from work tomorrow evening...

Scott.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I picked it just a couple of hours ago. Wow... what an awesome experience. The car was spotless when I saw it. The paint looked wet to the touch. The experience with the dealership I went to (Lexus of Wayzata) was phenomenal... my salesman introduced me to his sales manager and the general manager of the dealership. He then introduced me to the service technician who would be taking care of me... I made me 30-day (?) service appointment at the sametime.

But enough of that... I drove the car right home (approx. 12 miles) heh heh... so I haven't been in it all that much yet. Just finished reading the manual. Wow.. so much info. But anyway, it rides perfectly. It snowed again last night (yuck) but I ended up purchasing a set of Dunlop Snow Sport M2 tires (225/45-17) It handles fine. The tires are awesome. LIke I said, it just snowed here last night. Highways are in awesome condition but the side roads look like crap. It handles fine but now it's all dirty. Dammit. I'm completely in love with it though... I just hope no one messes with it here at my apartment complex. I have a garage that I share with one other lady who I don't think will touch it. And no one saw me pull it into my garage so I'm safe thus far...

I can't wait for summer though.
Damn this snow.

Scott.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Zoku, It's nice to relive the excitement of picking up a new car through you. I must say, even after 4 months, I'm still infatuated with the car.

Enjoy it and now start saving for a supercharger!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Zoku, who and where did you buy yours from? I read that you got it for about $31,600 out the door (including TTL). I am pretty much looking for the exact same options as yours:

Graphite Gray w/black leather
LSD
Moonroof
Carpet Mat

Please let me know: [email protected]
The dealer I talked to would not budge

·
Registered
449 Posts
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hearing others experience the thrill is just an awesome. I had the same experience on Dec.1 when i picked mine up. Here in sunny Calif. i drive everywhere, sorry i know u wanna get out there and start breakin it in. PATIENCE qui chang kane

------------------
Yellow IS300 w/LSD and graphite polished rims

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I still feelin' it after three weeks. I share your excitement. The IS is a true driver's car.

It's sunny on Maui so there are no concerns with snow.

Remember: "Just drive it."

Imperial Jade w/LSD, 17s (soon to have a 5Zigen exhaust, shocks and springs).

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Meta4: Bought my IS from Lexus of Wayzata. Very good experience from beginning to end. I think I got a good deal on the car but as I mentioned in an earlier post, the car has been around for a little while now. I've seen some pretty awesome deals that others have gotten, as well. Good luck...

Everyone: Thanks a bunch for the comments. I'll write up a little review of my 24-hour period with my IS in another thread. All I have to say is... WOW! What an awesome car.

By the way, I envy you guys in sunny states with no snow right now!
Dammit.

Scott.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
Zoku
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing